“The Best without doubt”

Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Cala Millor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been to Cala Millor for many years in and out of season - I hate writing reviews but I feel I must to challenge the negative ones below. What sort of people go to a bar have a bad time (because they are boring) and then feel because it wasn't for them they must warn others to stay clear. SAD! Family bars will have children and loud music readers and the owners and staff will try and have fun with their customers - so if you have gone there for a quiet conservative drink your in the wrong place.

Most people including myself run tabs (trusting the owners and staff of the Sportsmans) these tabs are always calculated correctly to the fraction of a Euro - quite often loyalty discounts are given - to accuse owners of staff short changing you are totally out of order reviewer!

In my opinion the bar has unfortunately been losing customers for years but so as all the other bars - this is mainly because of all inclusive deals at neighbouring hotels. When Chubby, Natalie and Donna were there the bar was busier but before them when "Trigger" was DJ and Ian, Jane and others worked the bar, the Sportmans was even busier (no all inclusive then).

On a personal note I am very friendly with people who own apartments in the Cala Millor, Cala Bona and the Sa Coma area - the majority of those owners (that practically live there) use the bar because of Tony Ang Shaun and the Welsh boys make them so welcome. There is no better advert !

A great place eat and have a social drink and a welcoming place to meet friends you meet every year. Please support this Bar - Tony and Angela + others do a great job.

3  Thank JohnBrecon

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great place to eat, drink and socialise. All the football games were shown which was a relief as we were there at the start of the Championship and Prem.
Food was great! Good tasting food.
Will definately go back there next year.

2  Thank Jas_1969
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having praised the Sportsman after two holidays in Cala Millor,this time was a bit of a let down.We called for a coffee about 11.15am,and the guy had to tear himself away from the TV,and took ages to serve us,and did so without a word,Returning for an evening meal,we were met with blaring TV screens,pushchairs,kids crawling round your feet,and people smoking feet from our table,on the so called "outside".The meal was average,and couldn,t really be enjoyed.They also tried to charge me for drinks I didn,t have,probably a genuine mistake on their part,but as another reviewer has mentioned this,check your bill,Maybe we caught the Sportsman on an off day,but its not ideal if you,re after a quiet relaxing meal.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Watch your change, the fat bar mans a chancer.End off and I've got a goo d sense off humor, just dont like getting short changed. Stay clear.

2  Thank David C
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Firstly, I have to comment on the person's "poor" review, an I'm sorry, but what a load of rubbish!! They quite clearly have no personality or sense of humour!! This was my first visit to Cala Millor, and I went to the Sportsman's bar on my first night, and I returned EVERY NIGHT!!

The atmosphere there is brilliant!! Yes, times are hard and all businesses are struggling to keep it up, and Angela and Tony tried their absolute best all the time to make us comfortable and well accommodated!! yes, after the week there... I was on first name terms with all the staff, because they want to get to know their customers!!

The karaoke was fantastic, presented by D.J. Jacko, and I even got up and did a few tunes myself!

The welsh bar tenders - its nice to see that they have people working there who arenot afraid to show a bit of personality and actually care about customers!!

If I return to Cala Millor, I will be going to the Sportsman's again!!

Excellent!!!