“good place for drink and a tapa”
Review of El Taepo

El Taepo
Ranked #67 of 121 Restaurants in Cala Millor
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We only had a 2 glasses of wine which came with a tapa each. The tapa was of good quality and tasted delicious so it would be worth trying in the future. The service was very friendly and efficient. Would definitely go there again.

3  Thank Henry-Jeffrey

Reviewed March 14, 2013

cana and tapa for 1.5 euros is a bargain.beer is beer .tapas were varied and tasty in a spanish atmosphere.not advised for those seeking lager and crisps.went twice,as it broke up my stroll around town and provided a very cheap light lunch

1  Thank geeteeski
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Been to east coast of Mallorca a few times and travelled around all the towns,markets etc, much of it,it must be said, is much of the same thing, pizza,pasta etc etc, nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat.Cala Millor is our favourite resort and now holiday location we frequent all the time, it just suits us, no grief,no drunks, great weather,great views.The best place for a snack,a full meal or just a drink,at any time of day is without a doubt,in my opinion , EL TAPEO.In October this year we were self catering in Cala dor (didnt like it much),thankfully had a hire car and visited Cala millor a few times,had previously been many times before and visited EL TAPEO many times.This time the manager (owner) got his wife to make us a magnificent paella that would have fed 10 people,we are a couple.It had the works,huge prawns,mussels,squid,clams etc etc,trully authentic and were delightfully served by whom i took to be his daughter.All the staff are very welcoming, english speaking is a bit vague but they are very helpful in trying to understand what you want.Why tourists go to the other places in the town and seafront and miss this place is beyond me but it suits me because i can dine amongst the local spaniards and get the authentic experience, to be honest id be better saying nothing and keeping this place a secret.Of course the other major plus of this place is the price, for quality authentic food and drink the prices are LOCAL prices, not tourist rip off for rubbish,you will do a lot worse than give here a try.I have booked up twice for next year and this place will be my first port of call,on half board but here is perfect for afternoon lunch that is different to the cheese and ham toastie.Have a couple of cold cruzcampos and get great free tapas,stuffed peppers,small plates of stew etc.
To EL TAPEO i say MUCHAS GRACIAS and will be back next year.

4  Thank POPPIESCHUMS
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a 8 night holiday in Cala Millor recently and since it was my birthday thought it would be nice to leave the AI hotel and eat dinner in the town. I had read about this tapas bar on TA and thought I definitely want to eat there. I went in earlier in the day to pre order a mixed paella. This is a good idea since you don't have to wait for too long for the food to arrive.
We were seated in the veranda area and ordered 2 beers. Now just to warn you that even though you have ordered a huge pan of paella you will still be given a plate of complimentary tapas just after you receive your drinks. It was meatballs in this instance but on a previous visit where we just had drinks we received a plate of cooked prawns and some chicken pieces. Lovely tapas it is too. When the paella turned up it was magnificent. Four huge tiger prawns, mussels, clams, squid rings, chicken and I think maybe rabbit too. It was delicious and well worth the money. As big eaters myself and my partner couldn't even finish it. As this place is away from the sea front it doesn't get many tourists so you can rest assured you are being served genuine freshly cooked food. Please try it if you are visiting Cala Millor. I promise you you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank bandybadger
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very good paella! We've tried the mixed one only. There is a lot of chicken (more than sey food)
Good service. You have to wait about 30 min for the food (they do not make it with microwaves...)
Sangria is very fresh and price is 4.5 € for 1/2 L.
Place is noisy (street and TV)
Price is fair: 14€ paella for one person (you cannot eat it alone). I recommend one for 2 persons.

2  Thank Seblatueuse