“good food”

Dining options: Late Night
Stirling, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This restaurant was clean and the service very good the food was really tasty and well presented and the staff pleasant and well dressed,

Visited June 2012

Newcastle under Lyme
“Avoid this at all costs!!!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

'Best pizza in town' - so the posters say. Based on our experience, my wife and I would definitely dispute that claim. The pizza bases were far too thick and very doughy, the cheese was very thick and chewy - not nice at all.

We had ordered a bottle of the vino de la casa (rosado) which was OK (fairly average quality and what you would expect for house wine)

One crostino starter, two pizzas and the wine came to the unbelievable total of 43.50 euros. The wine was 18.00 euros!!!

When I complained about the price of the wine, stating that I thought house wine at 18 euros was totally unacceptable, I was told by the owner (Carlos I assume) that it was a very good bottle of wine and that it cost him 8 euros plus tax to buy. The bottom line is that this was a bottle of wine that you could probably buy in any supermarket for less than 5 euros, even allowing for their profit margin. In every other restuarant we ate in during our 10 night stay, house wine was never more than 12 euros!

I pointed out that their was no wine list to see on the menu and was told that all the prices are on the till. I can only assume that Carlos picks a price out of the till that he thinks he can get away with and whacks this on to the bill. The man is quite simply out to fleece tourists - minimum quality at maximum price.

Other points to note:

Tablecloths were stained - obviously not changed
Premises were nor particularly clean when you looked more closely
Would agree with a previous reviewer re the height of the gents urinal - probably more suited to larger European clientele.
One pizza chef in the open kitchen was practicing throwing pizza dough bases in the air however was trying to catch it on his head - hope nobody got that pizza!!!

All in all a bad restuarant and a total rip-off

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Grahame B
manchester
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went here on our first night in Cala Millor based upon Trip Advisor's rating. We were rather disappointed by the experience and, despite having to walk past the restaurant several times a day for the next fortnight, we did not have any inclination to return. We were greeted by a bare-chested Carlos and shown to an outside table with a grubby table cloth. We were then waited upon by Carlos' side-kick who was unfriendly and abrupt (as I say, we passed here several times a day and never once did we see this guy smile. His permanent expression resembled that of someone sucking a lemon). I had a vegetarian pizza which was not nice. The pizzas which my wife and kids had were ok (definitely not the best in Cala Millor as Carlos claims). I had pizza in other restaurants including Sa Caleta and the Alhambra and these were definitely nicer than Carlos'.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank kevin_mcguire
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Mmmmm pricey”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

They sold us on the homemade pizza thing, but to be honest it seems like a gimmick to get people in. We all ordered pizza and a bottle of red wine - I obvs asked for house red - which was confirmed by the waiter ( who by the way was attentive) I actually remember him saying "would you like the house red or something a little more expensive" - was he taking the p**s or what? anyways, when the bill comes we realised we had been charged 20 euros for the wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in hindsight I REALLY wish we had complained, but they probably rely on the fact you are a little tipsy and enjoying the view and ambience etc. Dont bother with this place - it is a tourist trap and well out of order

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Diane J
“Oh dear”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Very expensive. 30 euro for a prawn. No price list for drinks, not surprised they don't want to let peple know, 50 euro for 2 bottles of wine!. Service was terrible, dropped knife and fork on my leg. Weren't allowed a second pair of cutelry. Staff rude and unhelpful. Don't know how people are writing good reviews.

6 Thank Ellensmith93