Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great caves with awesome tour guide

Reviewed 1 week ago
u12bme2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
via mobile
Beautiful cave

HGUDenmark
Denmark

All reviews guided tour light show small group small cafe several languages nice tour nice caves million years worth a visit road leading natural wonder amazing formations great guide take pictures classical music on arrival german
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am sorry I do not remember the name of our tour guide but he was very friendly and knowledgeable about the cave. He spoke 5 different languages which was also so impressive. I love caves and this cave does not disappoint. We also saw drach caves which were great as well. There is not a lake in this cave but it is still very large with very impressive stalagmites and stalactites. It goes very deep and has quite a tall ceiling. The pathways in the cave are wonderous and this cave also has wonderful acoustics as demonstrated in a musical with lights number that is performed. Definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited two caves while on Maloca. Coves de Campanet and Cuevas de Arta. We much preferred the later. Beautiful cave, good guide that spoke a very easily understood English. Here we were allowed to take as many pictures as we liked – opposite Coves de Campanet where you are not allowed to take a single picture. The drive to Cuevas de Arta is very beautiful as well – and close to Santuario San Salvador which you should visit as well – mostly for the outlook.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went in October and it wasn’t crowded at all. Our guide was really welcoming and provided information in English, German, French and Spanish - amazing! The caves are definitely worth seeing and great value for money.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Caves in Artà are immense and highly impressive. The nice experience in comparison to other caves was the fact that you could walk through the stalagmites and stalactites and touch them, feel the water drop that falls and sense the temperature and the surface of these stone formations. As a matter o fact, the guide invited us to knock on a gigantic column to listen to the sound. I liked this uncomplicated and casual behaviour which made the tour through the immense caves very tangible.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My feeling is go once at least, the entrance is very impressive. This time the place seemed popular, packed with German tourists so the guide concentrated on that language and finding a place to park was far from easy. I’ll say no more, when I went last at a quieter time it was much better.

1  Thank Marshian B
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed our trip to the caves. It was my first visit to any cave and I found it thrilling. My only critisism was that the slot we booked into 11am really did have too many people on it. I felt a bit squashed initially on entering but then we waited until most people had moved through and went at the back.

I was surprised by how warm it was, I was expecting it to be chilly. The caves are well lit but there are a lot of steps, we saw many people trying to take pushchairs etc down but I don't really think it's worth taking them as you'll end up carrying the kids at some point.

I really enjoyed the lit up boats and orchestra at the end of the walk and waited to go back in a little row boats (again this just took some patience as they were trying to accommodate a massive crowd!) My partner would have preferred to have not taken part in the orchestra bit so perhaps they could think about giving you the choice in the future?

Overall an interesting couple of hours. We got there on the bus from Cala Bonar and it was very easy and cheap at 1.90 each way. I would recommend that rather than hiring a car.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This a lovely cave system with an enjoyable guided tour. Bring a camera, as the views are spectacular, both inside the cave and of the bay below it.

The walk in the cave is easy and the construction of steps and guide rails will aid those less confident with their steps. The cave is a pleasant 17-18 Celsius/64 Fahrenheit all year round, but the air is quite moist, so bring a 2nd layer if you are worried about the temperature.

Be warned that the car park close to the caves is pretty small and fills up very quickly at busy times. It may be worth dropping the family off at the entrance, then having the driver park the car in the town below and walking back up, which takes 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful cave with impressive carbonate formations. Lovely tour of about 30-40 min with a friendly guide who provided some little information about the formations. Surely, 15€ is a quite high price for the entry and the light and music installations are dabatable too but the latter also gave the cave a very unique atmosphere.

1  Thank Lucile W
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great caves, not too big or small.
Did feel it was slightly rushed and with tourists being predominantly German we felt a little left out on the talks...
Lovely view from outside the caves with a small cafe.
Would recommend

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Me and my boyfriend loved these caves. We did the drach caves also but these were infinitely better ! Smaller group size, cheaper, and the views from outside are amazing