All reviews definitely stay here again local knowledge practical spain village
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed at Hotel Senderos and once again I was delighted with it. The room was a good size with all necessary amenities (air con, TV, hairdryer, fridge, good shower, safe etc.) - and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent with every choice under the sun: bread, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, ham, coffee, fruit juice and cake). And you can sit by the lovely pool to eat. The staff are lovely and helpful and even left a half bottle of white wine half way through my stay. A very nice touch that was greatly appreciated! I thoroughly recommend this lovely hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Very comfortable with a very warm welcome. Lovely airy room. Modern and super clean. Nothing seems too much trouble. Swimming pool is a plus. 2 mns walk to the beach. Cannot fault it.
Many thanks for a lovely stay.
Mike and Sylvie xx

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay if you want clean, comfortable, practical simplicity in a good location with a really great little breakfast buffet.

This is a family-run establishment. Looks like mom, pop and two adult kids. They do a wonderful job. They're friendly, polite and very attentive to whatever you might need.

For two stars I feel the service goes above and beyond the call of duty. That said, we are a very independent family, out and about all day, kayaking, boating, hiking... mainly we want a decent place to shower, sleep and (of course) enjoy a nice little breakfast in the morning.

One thing I really like is the granite floors everywhere. The bathroom walls are also covered in granite. It gives a feeling of quality and hygiene. (They do keep everything impeccably clean.) I compare this with some hotels that are built/decorated with materials that just don't feel (or look) really clean. And it's especially nice to feel that a hotel bathroom can genuinely be disinfected and clean.

If you are a sensitive sleeper (like me) keep earplugs handy no matter where you sleep in Spain:) Actually this hotel was VERY quiet (even in the middle of Holy Week!) However because the doors use keys, you may hear people turning their keys in their doors (partly because the halls have granite floors which makes things echo - very normal in Spain). That said, I slept very well here.

I highly recommend this great little hotel to anyone wishing to visit Cabo de Gato. Agua Amarga has a lovely little beach ( and the restaurant on the beach - way off to the right as you look out to sea - is good, a tad bit pricey, but good).

From Agua Amarga I recommend going to San Jose for one of the zodiac boat tours. Also the kayaking at the campground in Las Negras was fabulous! (With Zonactiva) It's a little drive over there but totally worth it. We were out for 3 hours at 30 euros per person. Great guide and amazing tour of the coast with about 30 in our group. Very well organized and managed with photos included.

This hotel does not have "views" but I love the Spanish architecture with an inner patio (our bathroom opened into it). And actually I like looking out over a typical Spanish street in a laid back little village. Our room had a lot of light.

Really this is a great place! Great price-quality relationship. Excellent! Will definitely stay here again when we come back this way.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Lovely place! The owners were incredibly helpful and friendly. They gave excellent advice on trekking routes and local knowledge. They even called the bus company for information on my bus! Rooms are eco-friendly, clean, and quiet. Superb breakfast. Do not forget to taste the croissants! Excellent choice for trekkers and nature lovers that want to visit the Gata Natural Park. Hope to come back again!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Absolutely fantastic hotel. It's a 2star but it's more like a 4star. We had a one night stay, it has everything you might need and I would thoroughly recommend. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room ( unusual for Spain) cakes and biscuits. The bathroom has everything including toothbrushes and toothpaste. Beds are comfortable. There is an indoor pool and you can borrow beach towels and mats for the beach. The hotel overlooks a small village square, the beach is a three minutes walk away. Staff at the hotel are friendly. Breakfast had everything you might want, croissants, bread, jams, meats, fresh fruit, etc etc. I would recommend this hotel and would certainly book again.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends