We stayed here in February for a week after we got a fabulous deal with Groupon. Reviews were mixed and we'd paid very little, so we went on the basis that we'd try it and if we didn't like it we'd go somewhere else. Our one bed apartment didn't have a balcony or a dishwasher, but nonetheless we loved it, and even considered staying an extra night. The apartment was a good size with a totally separate, 10 foot square, friendly little kitchen, which was a pleasure to work in. Kitchen equipment levels were excellent, even including things like an electric juicer, and there was a very good selection of drinking glasses there and in the lounge dresser. We had a good sized lounge/ dining room with two sofas, a dining table and four chairs, and a medium sized flat screen tv. We took a small personal dvd player and linked it up to the tv so we'd something to watch in the evenings. Once we'd sussed the aircon controls after the first night (front slides down to reveal more buttons) we were lovely and warm in the evenings.A large comfy bedroom and newly tiled bathroom completed the set up. Plenty of pillows and blankets supplied. The pool area and the resort generally is lovely, relaxing and nice sunbeds/ umbrellas etc with attractive, well-maintained planting. YOU WILL NEED A CAR - the resort is where it is , please read the maps before booking. Wifi in reception is terrible and needs addressing by management as a matter of urgency, or it will stop people returning. Service was generally ok, except for one older pot-bellied waiter, who was so rude we ended up laughing out loud. Twice we sat at the pool bar waiting for a drink and twice no one came to serve us, only the aforementioned gentleman who walked past looking at us and openly muttering something rude
. If guests are expected to go to the bar and fetch drinks, this should be made clear. Management are missing a trick with the poolside bar, which is a very pleasant place to sit - if they offered decent wifi there and a good drinks service I think they would do very well out of it and guests would be happy. Other than these gripes and some loud American guests on our landing we had a lovely time here, and cannot see a fair basis for some of the negative reviews.
TO FIND THE RESORT: Look for the exits off the coast road marked "Riviera" just after the Miraflores resort on the right - there are 2 in quick succession, take the second one. Go straight across the roundabout and proceed up the hill with the shops on your right and the little Princess Diana Park on your left. Keep going until you get to the roundabout where the road level starts to drop again. Turn left here - there was a big blue sign to the GO on the left when we were there. Go past the driving range and bar on your left, when it starts to get more built up again, there is a left turn off. GO reception is a short way down there on your right, next to the small duck pond and waterfall. Thanks to earlier poster for their helpful instructions, which I have tried to update.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated between Fuengirola and Marbella, the Grangefield Oasis offers functional, self-catering apartments with furnished balconies.The complex features 2 outdoor swimming pools, an indoor swimming pool, a hot tub, sauna and gym. There is free internet access in reception.Each apartment in Grangefield Oasis has a fully-equipped kitchen and a comfortable lounge area with a sofa bed. They also include a TV with satellite channels.An entertainment and activity programme is offered for children at the resort. There are tennis courts and a mini golf course. The Miraflores Golf Course can be found next to Grangefield Oasis and the nearest beach is less than 2 km away.Guests can enjoy drinks, snacks and light meals at the cafeteria and bar. The La Hacienda restaurant serves regional and international cuisine all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grangefield Oasis Club Hotel Mijas
- Grangefield Oasis Hotel
- Grangefield Oasis Mijas
- Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol