I would like first of all to reply to a couple of criticisms left by other Trip Advisers.
1 Gardens had seen better days? - They must have visited in August at the height of a heat wave? We were there for the Winter solstice and the gardens are an utter delight. The only place in the UK that rivals it are the semi-tropical house at Kew Gardens. The sheer fecundity and outrageous size of the luscious plants - first time I've seen a banana tree in fruit - on December 21st is wonderful.
2 Apartments are shabby? Well perhaps a little BUT the price that we paid reflected this. Remote control CH thoughout, Flat screen TV and bedroom TV, HUGE balcony with sunbeds AND dining table and chairs with parasol(natch) - we needed it the weather was GLORIOUS 70 degrees for 8 straight days with slight rain only at night. A separate kitchen alcove with washing machine (my wife loved having a washing machine), fridge/freezer full cooker. A full bathroom and shower en-suite with a spa bath. A welcome pack with tea, coffee, milk, washing up liquid and soaps and even bubble bath for gawds sake. Maid service twice weekly - they even remove the rubbish.
The Grangefield Oasis(GO) club was a delightful home from home for us for 8 glorious days. Thank you Natalia for making our stay so restful and refreshing.
Now there are a couple of snags? Might be a benefit for others? WiFi was rubbish - there was no signal available in the rooms and although free in the lounge the reception here was not good either. My tip to GO - get a tech company that knows their business the one you have at the moment are well below par.
You need a car and a good up-to-date sat nav. The GO is situated in a rabbits warren of streets with dead-ends and one-way streets which is literally miles away from anywhere.
However despite the drawbacks we paid hostales prices for a lovely suite of rooms with a large balcony with sea views and amazing dawn views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated between Fuengirola and Marbella, the Grangefield Oasis offers functional, self-catering apartments with furnished balconies.The complex features 2 outdoor swimming pools, an indoor swimming pool, a hot tub, sauna and gym. There is free internet access in reception.Each apartment in Grangefield Oasis has a fully-equipped kitchen and a comfortable lounge area with a sofa bed. They also include a TV with satellite channels.An entertainment and activity programme is offered for children at the resort. There are tennis courts and a mini golf course. The Miraflores Golf Course can be found next to Grangefield Oasis and the nearest beach is less than 2 km away.Guests can enjoy drinks, snacks and light meals at the cafeteria and bar. The La Hacienda restaurant serves regional and international cuisine all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grangefield Oasis Club Hotel Mijas
- Grangefield Oasis Hotel
- Grangefield Oasis Mijas
- Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol