“A perfect example of how a spa experience should be.”

El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I arranged a day of treatments at what can only be described as a true gem of a Hotel here on the coast. As a local I have many choices as to where to visit and I can honestly say when it comes to a 5 star experience be it dining, poolside relaxing, or indulging in some spa treatments you will find no better. The staff are welcoming, professional, and provide a service that is second to none. The Spa features beautiful decoration and relaxing treatment rooms. I really felt at home whilst there and the prices reflect great value for the top quality products used such as Elemis which is really the best money can buy! Sarah was my therapist during my visit and she did everything she could to make me feel comfortable. I would highly reccomend her as she made the experience very enjoyable and even though it was the first time we met I felt I had known her a long time. I would reccomend visiting El Oceano Hotel for any service it offers as it is above parr in every aspect. Elegance at its best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenH117

Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a fabulous evening !!
What a way to see out the old year and bring in the New Year...
As ever the staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble- accomodating all our requests for things we required - with genuine smiles and warmth of personality.
We has a sumptuous meal that could have equalled any of the best restaurants in the world.
The three different musical artists that entertained us throughout the evening and into the small hours all played something to please everyone.
We look forward to spending another New Year celebration with them - and several other occasions hopefully before that!!!
Thank you all at El Oceano.

2  Thank escorpion2014
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days in September and although the website shows lovely images and claims a lot I must admit it is all and more. I stayed in the apartments and although not very large it was quite nice. My friend stayed in the next apartment which was nearly twice the size so I would ask for that one next time. The restaurant and pool area though is so fantastic that you will find that you spend no time in your room. The staff are all young and energetic and try to please as much as possible.
Advantages: restaurant, pool area and most of the staff. I guess the greatest compliment I could pay this lovely gem is that I cannot wait to return....and return....and return.
Disadvantages: It might not be suitable for families (as advertised) or perhaps older people, even though there were a very mixed age group staying when I was there. The music from the wonderful pool bar is modern and although I loved it....it might not suit all ages. On one occasion we were asked to move away from the pool area as there was a reception being held which was a little disappointing as we were residents. We found some of the breakfast staff to be a little frosty. We always arrived before closing time but perhaps a little too close to it sometimes...but then again it was a holiday.
Overall though....this is 5 Star at 4 Star price....if you are thinking of staying in the area....this is the place to stay without question. I have stayed in numerous hotels in Marbella....this is much better. Well done to all.

Room Tip: If you are staying across the road in the apartments....ask for the rooms above the hairdressers...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2014

thank you to glen family and all the wonderful staff at this wonderful gem of an hotel another wonderful new year fantastic food great entertainment made to feel at home ever year a real home from home

Room Tip: sea view upper levels great views!
Reviewed January 3, 2014

After a fabulous stay in July we decided to spend New Year at El Oceano. Great decision as we had an excellent stay. Our jacuzzi suite room (19) was really lovely and the Gala Dinner was first class in every way ie from the attentive staff to the gorgeous food and the great entertainment. This is a relatively small hotel with focus on high standards. I also sampled the Oceano Spa and found Sarah and her team very friendly and professional.

Jan in reception was very informative and made us feel so welcome.

Cannot wait for our return this July!

Yvonne & John

Room Tip: Upper floor gives beautiful sea view.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

by the managements reluctance to stop the few smokers who are allowed to smoke on the terrace even when it is enclosed through the colder months. We were there in October and our evening was marred by two tables who continually chain smoked which made it very uncomfortable for the majority who were non smokers.
The management however ignored the situation so we won't be going back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paul49_13
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed at the El Oceano for 2 nights to attend a wedding there. The accommodation was great, as was the food(best fillet steak I've ever had), service and wedding organisation. They could not do enough for us. And what a location for a wedding overlooking the sea! Also great place for Sunday lunch with live music. Highly recommended..

Room Tip: Book an ocean view room - worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family