El Oceano Beach Hotel
Crown Resorts Club Calahonda(Mijas)(Great Value!)
$283
  • Restaurant
$63
$54
  • Pool
Los Amigos Beach Club by Diamond Resorts(Mijas)(Great Value!)
$70
$62
  • Pool
La Cala Resort(La Cala de Mijas)
$124
$118
$80
$61
Ona Campanario(Mijas)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
  • Restaurant
Club Delta Mar Crown Resort(Sitio de Calahonda)
$291
$266
  • Pool
Macdonald Leila Playa Club(Sitio de Calahonda)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssunday lunchpool partymini suiteswim up barvip bedsthe pool bar staffoverlooking the seapool areaspa treatmentslive entertainmentstunning locationevening entertainmentfantastic viewsglennoceanaweddingviolinist
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We have come to El Oceano for many years and stayed quite a few times or enjoyed days by the pool. We are friends with the staff and have always been welcomed.

On this occassion, we only came for dinner and on arrival we were stopped rather than welcomed by a young lady in the dining area/bar area who abruptly asked if we were staying at the hotel or if we had booked dinner. Politely we said we had popped in earlier and booked a table. She didn't smile or say 'welcome to El Oceano', asked our name and said your table is No 15. We were surprised that she didn't say 'would you like a drink at the bar or the outside area before your dinner', instead she returned to talking and laughing with fellow workers. We went to the bar and then decided to see if we could have our pre dinner drink outside, which we did and were pleased to see friends of ours there. The dinner was wonderful and the service by our waiter was excellent. We had starters, mains and deserts and ordered a tia maria to finish off the beautiful evening. At this point, the same young lady came over and asked if we wanted desert, which we had already had and seemed odd as she hadn't been in the restaurant area the whole evening.....and should know that we had our desert. Other than that, I fully recommend coming to the El Oceano for dinner, pool time or to stay. It truly is a magical place. For the owners, I just recommend that front of house is trained to be more professional, welcoming and on the ball as to the customers that come in. We may not have stayed this time but we should have been treated as if we had. To all that read, please go to El Oceano and enjoy! It is worth every minute by the pool, at the dinner table and to stay. The owners and the original staff are still there and treat you like celeb's which is the beauty of the place....they make you feel special. xx

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JULIAG2903
Reviewed September 21, 2011

What a fantastic hotel...loved every minute of my stay there. Setting is unbelievable, staff friendly and just an overall brilliant experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Firstly, this review is based on our experiences in the Restaurant and in the hotel public areas. As we didn't stay there, I can't comment on the rooms.

We visited this hotel twice in the period of 10 days during a stay on Mijas Costa. From our arrival in the hotel, through to being seated in the Restaurant, our welcome and treatment from the staff was nothing but excellent. The public areas were spotlessly clean and were very welcoming.

Our second visit to the Restaurant was going to be on my husbands birthday and I asked Jan on Reception if I could order a cake for him. Her attitude and manner was one of the warmest, friendliest and nicest that I have encountered in a long time.

If our first visit to the hotel restaurant was good, it was really surpassed by our second visit. On the second visit, we took our drinks outside and had a look around the pool area. I am fussy about cleaniless and appearance and I would have to say that the pool area was spotless and beautifully laid out.

The food in the Restaurant on both occasions was absolutely excellent. It was presented beautifully and the food was also hot when served. The service was very prompt and professional yet very personal. And even though the restaurant was extremely busy on our second visit, service did not suffer in any way.

As for the cake I'd ordered, it was delivered beautifully to my husband and Jan who'd been on reception when I'd ordered it even gave us a free cocktail each. On leaving, the staff arranged for us to bring the rest of the cake home with us.

Nothing seemed too much trouble for any of the staff in the hotel and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Hopefully on our next trip to Mijas Costa, we'll include a stay of a couple of nights here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Celticcreation
eloceano, Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thankyou for your kind words and glad you enjoyed the experience! Looking forward to welcoming you in the very near future!!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I dont like to moan and although the hotel was pleasant and the waiting staff excellent I feel that the reception guys could work on their customer service. I was assured when booking that wifi was available in the rooms. It was not. The more I asked the more I was fobbed off. Almost as if it was my fault!! In the end I just had to accept I would not have wifi in my room. No compensation was given I felt I just had to lump it. A shame as the place is lovely and clean. The rooms are small but adequate and the food is good but not much choice and more expensive than venturing out. It would have been better to have discussed this with the management but unless things are going well, they really don't want to know.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank ETricker

Many thanks for your comments and apologies for any inconvenience caused with the free wifi provided. Unfortunately we experienced some issues with the wifi in some of the rooms over that particular weekend yet all the common area wifi was working well . We can assure you that the technicians have now resolved the issues.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

A very pleasant family run hotel that give guests top quality food and drink.

• Stayed: September 2011