stayed at these apartments in Aug 2012. the apartment we were in had a sea view but very high up in the resort, it was a 10 minute hike down to the shops or down to delta mar reception , we won't hire a car as we both travel/drive a lot for work, but the local bus service is good, going to Marbella/furengiola every 30 mins, there is a free shuttle bus over to the marbella resort, we went one night for a meal the pool area is tiny and VERY noisy, the staff at the restaurant were quite rude to us and the service was crap!!! glad we weren't stopping there.
the apartments themselves are light and airy the 2 bedroom aparts have 2 bathrooms a fitted kitchen with everything in it, nice dinning area/lounge, tv/dvd, nice outside sitting area and great views, apartment cleaned regularly , beds comfy enough but not great, loads of hanging/wardrobe space.
I would definately stay at these apartments again, its a lovely area,you just need to be able to walk!!!
there are several restaurants near the marbella crown restart so you can get the free shuttle bus over and walk down the hill to them, one of the nicest is Hardy's, owned by alex, june the main bar person ext, the food is great, reasonably priced, great beer/lager and the friendliest service ever... the bar is on FB, check it out.
Marbella is only about 15minutes on the bus, same for fuengirola, Gibraltar is a short trip away, but be careful its not as cheap as it was 2-3 years ago..
I love this area of spain and would def stay in club caronte again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Caronte forms part of Crown Resorts, awarded by Trivago in 2014 “Best hotels for families in Mijas Costa”. Club Caronte is ideal for a relaxing holiday, with only 1,5 km from the beach and its ideal sea views from the apartment balcony. These spacious apartments will ensure a pleasant stay as the apartments are fully equipped. The resort has 2 swimming pools (one for adults and one for kids) and a fitness room. Distance from Marbella is 17Km and 29 from the airport. ***Guests staying at Club Caronte can make use of all the facilities at the other 4 Crown Resorts within Riviera del Sol and Calahonda*** ***A free bus service is available to other Crown Resorts, supermarket and the beach*** For further information plese visit our web page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Caronte Crown Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Caronte Crown Hotel Costa Del Sol
- Club Caronte Crown Resort Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol