“A Reasonable Stay”
Review of TRH Mijas

TRH Mijas
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I agree with previous reviewers – this is an 'average' hotel, not 5 star by any means. But it could be a very good hotel with some refurbishment. The external appearance is good, reception and communal areas are good, the pool and pool bar areas are good, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good, car parking onsite is reasonably priced at €10 per day and the location is good for bars and restaurants in Mijas Pueblo, and it's about a 10 minute drive to the beaches. But hey, the rooms need to be freshened up! Our room had a carpet that was so badly stained it was only suitable for a skip. The furnishings ('antiquie') could be quite nice if sanded down and re-stained – otherwise the best place for them is the skip! Put the negatives aside – we had a good stay.

3  Thank clark249
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Mr Clark

Thank you for posting your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read that the team were so accomodating during your stay.
I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

I appreciate very much your comments about the furniture of the rooms, let me inform you that at moment we are in a process of refurbishment and I hope that on your next trip you will be able to experience all the changes.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

TRH has a dated Air but that is all part of its charm and elegance, it's a really beautiful hotel, very clean, the view from the hotel room if the pool where stunning as to the left you could see out to sea and to the right the mountains, the pool area was lovely, the food was ok we had bed and breakfast and evening meal, to be honest we preferred to eat out during the evening as mikado pueblo is stunning and there are numerous restraunts with amazing food, mikes pueblo has old fashioned charm and does not feel over touristy, if you google map the address you can see the hotel from the outside and Mijas pueblo which we did before we went it's a really lovely place, so much so that we went to years running, the trip booked from the hotel to tanjiers morocco was amazing and well managed.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Turkwife
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Client

Thanks for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor about your recent visit to TRH Mijas.

I'm very delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I appreciate very much your comments concerning the cleanliness, I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to TRH Mijas in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

clean, very quiet hotel. Breakfast buffet is very good with a beautiful view.
Parking is free if you don't mind outside parking.
The only thing is that you can not use free WiFi in rooms but only in the lobby area.
Our room was looking down on a swimming pool. Too bad we didn't have enough time to swim.
Overall our stay was very pleasant, and would like to come back again!

1  Thank Februaryn
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear client

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

I appreciate vey much that the cleanliness and the quality of our breakfast food were up to your satisfaction.
I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We booked this hotel on one of the numerous internet sites, Alpha Rooms I think, and were not disappointed. The hotel has a slightly old fashioned feel about it, but it is clean and run by polite, friendly and helpful staff. (Think v good 3* GB rather than 4* Spannish and you should not be disappointed!). Breakfast is very good. We opted for the Bed & Breakfast option which I would recommend as the dinner buffet is less interesting although adequate for an odd evening. There is plenty of choice for eating out in Mijas and all of it within walking distance. We liked Pampa and Oscars among many and we never had a bad meal! The pool area is very nice and well maintained.The pool bar and eating arrangement is good also for lunch. There is a fine variety of terraces and sitting areas inside and outside of the hotel, some with great views over Fuengirola. We had a room on the 3rd floor will a great view from the balcony over the tennis court (grass!) to the sea. If you are looking for a peaceful restful quiet holiday, then Mijas is beautifully kept and has enough interesting bits to visit and walk to keep you going for a week. Getting to Fuengirola is easy by bus - every 30mins or so and only takes 20mins for 1E55! Bus stop outside hotel! Taxi to the airport is 45E. A number of other excursions are possible but most will be accessed from Fuengirola. We will certainly look to go back and use this hotel again

Room Tip: 3rd Floor overlooking the Tennis Court to the Sea was good and quiet.
4  Thank CambusK
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Mr Cambusk

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us,
and that the service provided by the staff and the hotel's location was to your liking!

I am very happy to read that you would like to return to us,

I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and renew your trust in us.

Regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked this hotel on one of the numerous internet sites, "Low Cost Holidays" or something similar. I have not been disappointed. The hotel has a slightly old fashioned feel about it, but it is clean and run by polite, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is very good, I opted for the Bed & Breakfast option which I would recommend.The pool area is very nice and well maintained. Dining choices in Mijas are average - food tends to be quite bland and expensive for what it is.I will definately come back to the Mijas Hotel next year with my wife (I came for a week this year with my brother).If you are looking for a peaceful restful quiet holiday, then this is as good as any.

2  Thank Colin F
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Mr Colin

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I have shared your positive comments with our staff and they are equally grateful.

I am happy to know that you would like to return to us.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thie is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel, and I must say it was as good as the first, and will go back again, only a couple of issues, we stayed half board this time, and although the food was of good standard, it was not replaced quick enough when it ran out and sometimes things that did run out were not replace, we felt that there should be a manager standing over this area in the dining room to keep check, the only other issue was the rooms we have and yep what a great view of the pool and mountains but boy were the walls thin it was like next-door were in your room with you, we had room 34 and it is right on top of the reception area so the coming an going is a little noisy, last time we stayed in the rooms around the other side over looking the tennis courts, we would request to stay there again, apart from that its a fantastic location the staff are friendly and welcoming, and the hotel is very clean and tidy, we did have the tail end of the schools holiday, and there was the odd child in the hotel, but this hotel is not for children there is nothing for them and its mainly adults.

Room Tip: do not ask for a pool view the rooms are nice but paper thin walls and to close to reception which c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alison R
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Mrs Alirat

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us,

Although i have noted your disappointment regarding our dinner offering, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that I will deal with the points raised by you with my team.

I'm very happy to read that you would like to return to us.Do not hesitate to contact me,
so that I can take personal care of your reservation to ensure you a great holiday.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay and was pleasantly surprised. We booked this 6 months ago and had been reading reviews and was expecting good and bad but following my visit, the hotel was far better than expected. We had decided to take the train from the Airport to Fuengirola and taxi up to Mijas. The train is so easy. Come out the Airport, cross the road, but tickets and go downstairs. Easy. The last stop was Fuengirola. Come out the station and Taxi rank to the left. Taxi up to Mijas was £15.
I have visited much of the Costa Del Sol and Mijas is beatiful and quiet. Just what we were looking for!
The hotel is in a fantastic position and a stunning building. The hotel in spotless. We had a triple room, with balcony and a massive bathroom. The shower was great. Good pressure. the only down side was that we were at the end of the building, no view and next to the barrier for the car park and everytime it went up and down, you heard it but thankfully not many cars!
Breakfast was as expected.....coffee from a machine, cold meats, breads, pastries, fresh fruit and the hot option of eggs, bacon, sausages ets but very tasty.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms cleaned every day.
The pool area is gorgeous and so clean. Lots of sunbeds, very clean toilets and nice staff at the bar. The only think was the sun never hit the pool till lunchtime so very cold but lovely when in, but sure that will change dependant of time of year.

Mijas is lovely and quiet but plenty resaurants and cafes. A small supermarket across from the hotel.

This is certainly not a hotel for familys with children but that be different depending on time of year. Seems to be a central point for tourists, bus tours etc.

Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel M
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Mrs Rachel

Following your recent stay here at TRH Mijas,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read
that the team were so accomodating during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive
encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future

Kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
ILUNION Hacienda del Sol
Eurostars Mijas Golf & Spa
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
#3 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas
Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Resort & Spa Reserva del Higueron
El Oceano Beach Hotel

Been to TRH Mijas? Share your experiences!