“What we were looking for..”
Review of TRH Mijas

TRH Mijas
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
London, United Kingdom
“What we were looking for..”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

For a last minute 4 night escape me and my partner had a relaxing stay at the TRH Mijas. On arrival we were checked straight in. Hotel rooms were not modern but clean and had everything we needed, TV, hairdryer and the usual mini shampoo, conditioners etc. Unfortunately you have to pay for the safe (per day) but we risked it. There is an ironing service, we paid a small amount for 2 shirts which was needed and very handy!

The food by the pool was not so good, the only moaning point. We didn't have all inclusive so were happy to eat lunch & dinner outside of the hotel. Breakfast was nice, we had bacon, egg, toast and mini sausages which was fine. There is also a continental breakfast option.

The pool was big, clean and had plenty of beds with extra stacked up so nobody went without. There is constant sun on the pool until 8ish in the evening which was perfect.

Trip to the beach in the nearest town was easy, jumped on the bus outside the hotel and had a 20 minute drive there and back. Mijas town is lovely, full of nice restaurants (I recommend Bodega El Placer, stunning Tapas). The town is an easy 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Highly recommend this hotel for couples, families and soloists. It is a delightful hotel with friendly staff and an old fashioned charm.

3 Thank Rebecca F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed at this hotel on 26 th august for 7 nights the hotel had no atmosphere so quiet ignorant in most of hotel...bar opens for food 2 hours only prices are high kit kat ice cream was 4.5 euros cost me 1 euro for a dash of lime in lager 5 euro for chips...carpets dirty and badly stained...nice views no entertainment at all..seen cockroach in reception and around building pool lovely.breakfast terrible greasy..hotdog sausage juice was appaling..wont be rushing back.

Room Tip: high floors block out noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mijas hotels

Staffs
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel has a traditional Spanish feel to it (and not in a bad way !)
The rooms are clean & tidy and Quiet with nice views, even if not sea views on floor 1
Restaurant is large and adequate. We had breakfast which was varied and plentiful.
The pool is lovely with plenty of sunbeds and a cracking view. Pool bar good food average but perfectly acceptable for lunches etc.
Hotel is perfect for walking into town, just a short stroll, with lots of nice little shops, excellent restaurants and little bars.
All in all recommended although not super duper modern

3 Thank Leestokey
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the low cost of our two nights here I was concerned that the hotel would not live up to expectations but I was thankfully wrong. The view from our room was breathtaking and all the public areas were nicely furnished and attractive. The breakfast was plentiful, varied and fresh and the waiters were very efficient and quick. The pool area was attractive. However the gym was in real need of being renovated as much of the equipment was broken. I had two massages at the spa though and they were good. Our room was clean and the bathroom was fitted out in marble. The bedroom furniture was probably 3 star rather than 4 but we liked our room. I would stay here again and the price (180 euros for 2 people for 2 nights bed and breakfast) was really brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Mediterranean.
1 Thank LadyCruiseFan
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've recently spent nine nights in this hotel. The quality of the hotel certainly didn't make our holiday but provided you get rooms at the right price I wouldn't be put off staying here. Mijas is a lovely town and for us it wasn't a major issue that the hotel was slightly lacking in some areas.
The reasons I'd only rate the hotel as average is that the room was slightly shabby in some of the fittings, room service occurred as late in the day as I have ever know - 16:00, (this was a first holiday in Spain, so maybe this is just the Spanish way), room service often didn't replenish soaps, shampoo etc or change linen as often as we would have liked. As a party of three we paid for one of their more expensive triple rooms, we incorrectly made an assumption it would have a balcony so if a balcony is important to you be careful about this when booking.
The staff on reception we're generally fine and willing to help without being overly friendly, one or two I would rate as above average. The pool was good, maybe a little too deep for the younger children. Inflatable rings, beach balls etc are banned; you may like this or find it petty depending on whether you have small children to keep amused. Plenty of sunbeds.
As long as your expectations aren't too high I'd go ahead and book if you like the look of Mijas and you get the rooms at a good rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank devondigger
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

2nd visit to this tired hotel but lovely location to walk into mijas.
Food ok, we found plenty to eat every day & most was fresh.
Bedroom was comfy, this time we had great views.
We took our own kettle from previous experience.
Internet only in lobby, bit of a pain but hey, noone died without the web.
Tv restricted too to bbc news & cnn.
No noise from bar at night
Parked car on scrub land 20 yrd from hotel, not sure why hotel charges so much ?
Also very few british (bonus)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was in two minds if I should book my holiday at this hotel after reading some of the reviews but then I remembered from experience how pompous some people can be. I'm always happy if I feel that I have got what I have paid for and if I expect five star, fine dining and to be pampered by all staff then that is what I should pay for. So, basically TRH Mijas did not disappoint.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful at all times, the room was comfortable and very clean and all facilities were in good working order (eg, lifts, air con, shower, drinks machine, public toilets etc) The breakfasts were outstanding with choices of fresh fruit, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, traditional English breakfast and an abundance of different breads and preserves. The evening meal always gave a choice of 2-3 fish dishes and 2-3 meat dishes with fresh veg options and 2-3 potato based options (chips/mash etc) or pasta, rice etc. There was always numerous cold salad options/starters and hot soups. Again an abundance of fresh breads. Each night there was always 3-4 desserts plus icecream. Overall we worked out that the extra we paid for the half board option had cost us approximately £3.50 each per day which we found to be outstanding value for such good food and good choice. The only downside was it felt a little repetitive trudging down to the restaurant each night rather than experiencing the local choices.
The setting was beautiful and the views from the terraces were breathtaking, the five minute walk into the main town was ideal and once there there was an abundance of restaurants to choose from. The tourist information centre was very helpful and gave us a detailed guide of places to visit/things to see. The character and peaceful atmosphere of Mijas still remained as it had done when I last visited 25 years ago.
The reason for my trip was for a romantic anniversary break to relax and unwind together and for this both the hotel and the location where perfect. However, if you are looking for a lively holiday this certainly is not it.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday in a lovely, quiet hotel in an amazing location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Dj3107186424
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
ILUNION Hacienda del Sol
Eurostars Mijas Golf & Spa
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
#3 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas
Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Resort & Spa Reserva del Higueron
El Oceano Beach Hotel

Been to TRH Mijas? Share your experiences!