“Good value”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
portsmouth
“Good value”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a few pleasant evenings having a quiet drink and we ate there on 2 occasions, the food was lovely and cooked to perfection, the pil pil prawns are the best I've had on many visits to Spain. Jesus served us every night and was great, very helpful and polite. We had free tapas most evenings whilst drinking. If you want good service in Spain and extras TIP, they will spoil you.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“You must have the steak!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I can’t believe that there are bad reviews about this place. 6 of us visited last week while on holiday in Mijas and I am so glad that we saved it until last. The staff were friendly, there was a great atmosphere and the food was fantastic. The fillet steak was the best me and my partner have ever had, I made the mistake of swapping my baked potato for chips and when my partners came and was stuffed with garlic crème fresh I was very jealous. Lots on the menu I could have had and very reasonable for the quality of the food. I really rate it!

• Visited September 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great friendly place with good food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been going to the Fiesta for 5 years and have never found the staff to be false or the food of low quality - and we enjoy good food! I had Sole Fiesta on two occassions because it was so beautiful. It can be quite noisy outside during the day but is OK in the evening once the traffic has calmed down. Will certainly be back to see Hose next year.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Cheapskate”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

24.8.12 - 4 adults and 5 little ones for afternoon lunch. The waiter seemed friendly and was good with the kids. We were offered bread which the waiter bought out and said " nice freshly warmed bread" (8 euros). The bread was stale which had been toasted in an effort to disguise it - plainly it was still hard. To sell stale bread and dress it up as fresh by toasting it shows a lack of any class. Further the pleasantness of service was faux given the waiter was prepared to serve up stale bread and lie about it being fresh. The mains were over cooked and of low quality. Laughable really but when pouring the vinegar out on the plate for the stale bread there were several dead flies in the vinegar bottle.

• Visited August 2012
“Ok food but €6 for some ham & breadsticks?”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very passable and ok restaurant with good food, which totally blew it by being greedy. This is not the only place in this area where this happens, but eateries would get more return visits if they didn't indulge in the dubious practice of offering cheap filler food between coures without informing you that they then charge you the Earth for this measly bread, or in this case breadsticks and shreds of Cerrano ham. Ended up paying face value, not leaving a tip and vowing never to return. A great shame because this was the most convenient place to eat and we would have returned on 2 or 3 occasions because we have kids and therefore would prefer not to go too far if necessary. Bloody stupid and greedy people...

1 Thank DkCaerdydd