We stopped here for just two nights after spending two weeks in various different places in southern Spain. This was the most expensive and most definitely the worst place we stayed. That sin't to say the apartment was all that bad, but all things considered this was poor value for money and the location didn't make up for it.
Apartments are quite large and reasonably well equipped. We had a few problems with things like the washing machine, but staff were helpful and dealt with them. Pool area is OK, though we retreated to our room after being repeatedly attacked by flies.
WIFI - you have to pay for it (5 euro per day), even though it was advertised as being available throughout.
When you pay for it (and we had problems doing so) you can only use it on ONE device at a time! And if that isn't bad enough, it's advertised "fast" performance is ridiculously slow.
Parking - is a problem at the hotel and actually most of Calahonda. The beach is a 15 min walk down a hill (up on way back) but there is nowhere to park closer to beach. Most people drive to other locations for better beaches.
There are a few restaurants and supermarkets close by, but Calahonda is a nothing kind of place. It's main feature is a motorway that runs through middle and makes navigating your way around town rather complicated.
An average place to stay and sleep, but you'll need a car to find a beach or more interesting places to hang out.
But please WIFI this bad should be free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ona Campanario is a fantastic holiday complex situated a 15-minute walk from Calahonda Beach, in Mijas - Costa. The apartment complex offers an outdoor pool, a hot tub and gym as well as a cafe with terrace, a perfect spot to start the journey with a tasty breakfast. For your comfort these apartments have a 24-hour reception. Ona Campanario offers 1 (55m2), 2 (75m2) and 3 (100m2) bedroom apartments equipped to make you feel at home. In that way, all of them have air-conditioning, a private balcony and satellite TV. Kitchens include a microwave, fridge and washing machine. The complex is located in Mijas Costa, between Marbella and Fuengirola. The supermarkets, bars and restaurants of Sitio de Calahonda are within a 5-minute walk. Puerto de Cabopino Port is one kilometre away, and La Siesta Golf Club is less than 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ona Campanario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vime Campanario De Calahonda Hotel Mijas
- Vime Campanario De Calahonda Mijas
- Ona Campanario Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol