I am writing this while we are still on holiday. I can't comment on the quality of the accommodation because when we arrived late evening on the 19th September 2012 we were told our apartments were not available and we would have to spend 4 nights, of our 11 night stay, at another resort and complex. We booked through Sunmaster back in June for two apartments for my wife and me and my daughter and her husband so we were surprised our accommodation was overbooked. Sunmaster use Triton to book rooms, who in turn use another booking Agent. We were told that we could return to Vime Campanario after 4 days or stay at the alternative apartments for the remainder of our 11 night stay. We had to make our own arrangements to transfer to the Alanda Club Apartments in Marbella with no consideration from Vime Campanario how we would do this or the cost involved. I have to say that tha Alanda Club Apartments are a very good standard and we made a decision to stay there in preference to returning to Vime Campanario. That's when the trouble started! I phoned Triton who wanted to contact their booking Agent. As we did not receive an answer within a reasonable time, I contacted Sunmaster who referred me back to Triton. Triton eventually established that the Alanda Club was fully booked and we could not stay. However, this was contradicted by the Reception at Alanda who confirmed that one of our apartments was available along with other apartments. When I phoned Vime Caponario they would not allow us to stay here at Alanda because another apartment would be at a higher cost. Not only was the member of staff rude and obstructive but she seemed to have forgotten that the overbooking was their responsibility. I have been back to Triton and they were sympathetic with our dilemma. The best they have been able to do is for the four of us to stay in the one apartment at Alanda and to lose the other one. The only alternative was to return to Vime Companerio. Although we are not happy with these options, we have decided to stay at Alanda because of the inconvenience and cost of moving and the attitude of Vime Campanerio staff. So much for the advice of sorting out your complaint while at your resort! Hopefully, after wasting three days trying to resolve this problem, we can enjoy the rest of our holiday. I will be following up my complaint with Sunmaster who have still not responded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ona Campanario is a fantastic holiday complex situated a 15-minute walk from Calahonda Beach, in Mijas - Costa. The apartment complex offers an outdoor pool, a hot tub and gym as well as a cafe with terrace, a perfect spot to start the journey with a tasty breakfast. For your comfort these apartments have a 24-hour reception. Ona Campanario offers 1 (55m2), 2 (75m2) and 3 (100m2) bedroom apartments equipped to make you feel at home. In that way, all of them have air-conditioning, a private balcony and satellite TV. Kitchens include a microwave, fridge and washing machine. The complex is located in Mijas Costa, between Marbella and Fuengirola. The supermarkets, bars and restaurants of Sitio de Calahonda are within a 5-minute walk. Puerto de Cabopino Port is one kilometre away, and La Siesta Golf Club is less than 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ona Campanario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vime Campanario De Calahonda Hotel Mijas
- Vime Campanario De Calahonda Mijas
- Ona Campanario Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol