“Chez Max Restaurant & Max Pub”
Review of Max Beach

Max Beach
Ranked #121 of 472 Restaurants in Mijas
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Spanish, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Wirral
“Chez Max Restaurant & Max Pub”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fabulous view, friendly helpful staff very good service. The suckling pig was incredibly succulent, the wine was fruity and smooth. Both desserts were decadent. After eating in the restaurant time to walk through to Max Pub and have a few games of pool. Both places are well worth a visit.
The G&T is worth going in for too!

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great view but disappointing food.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Despite some of the reviews I'd read I decided to go to Chez Max (as it's now called) based on a recommendation from a friend. I was also encouraged by the play area for the children featured on TripAdvisor by one of the reviewers that had been to the restaurant. Much to the disappointment of my two young sons, we discovered on arrival that the play area had been removed the previous year.

Unlike other reviewers, we were pleased to find the staff extremely friendly although service slowed down a lot by 9.00pm even though the restaurant was only half full.

The view was very nice, looking out onto the sea, but the food was quite average especially considering the price. On a positive note the Sangria was one of the nicest I've had all holiday.

The decor was chic compared to other local restaurants but this was not enough to make up for the average food. The Crêpe dessert was rather unpleasant and despite having copious amounts of chocolate sauce poured on it. My sons usually love this as afters - they both declared they didn't like it. Having tried it, I had to agree it wasn't very nice. Such a shame!

• Visited August 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Chez Max as it is known now was recommended by some friends who go there on every visit. The location is fantastic with a terrace overlooking the sea but unfortunately the weather was not warm enough to sit out that evening. The food was excellent and afterwards we went to another part of the building which was a pool bar. This was great fun with the barman showing us how to play properly as he gives lessons. One of the best restaurants that we went to in that area.

• Visited May 2013
Romford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location and great food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Chez Max is a different class of restaurant to most of the others in the area,the setting,service and quality of the food is top notch,prices are reasonable as we had the set menu.

Treat yourself and have a great night out.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This has always been one of our favourite restaurants to visit when we are staying in the area. On average we eat there at least twice during our holiday. However, despite a lovely refurbishment we were very disappointed with our (one) meal there this year. We ate on the terrace - the view is beautiful and one we never tire of. Our starters were lovely, my carpaccio of beef was divine, but the main courses were not good. My husband had what is his favourite dish there, the chicken vol au vent, and he complained that it was mostly sauce and contained very little chicken. His vegetables were also smothered in the sauce. I had steak and it was tough and over cooked - I ordered medium, it was well done. Most of the waiters in the restaurant are friendly and nice, but the particular waiter whose attention I tried to attract to speak about the steak - the waiter who had served our table - was offhand and dismissive and didnt stop to listen to my complaint. He had a very 'superior' attitude and gave us the impression that it was our privilege to be eating in Chez Max rather than their privilege to have our custom!!! I ended up just eating the steak. I would disagree with previous reviews that the menu is overpriced. I think the €32 deal is very good value (although we didn't like the dessert - it would be nice to have a choice, even if it was only a choice of 2 desserts). We had lovely wine which we felt was also very reasonably priced. We did not return this year for a second visit. Hopefully next year will bring a better experience. As always the lovely Maxine made us feel very welcome - I hope that is something that never changes.

• Visited July 2013