“Food,service and a friendly welcome that keeps you coming back”
Review of The Restaurant

The Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 464 Restaurants in Mijas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Food,service and a friendly welcome that keeps you coming back”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Been coming here for nearly 10 years and this has to be the best restaurant for miles around and we've tried a lot. You can see Carl hard at work in the open kitchen cooking food that is good, hot, substantial and excellent value for money. The crab cake and smoked salmon starters are very good but remember to leave room for mains of which the seafood bake, lamb fillet and steaks are particular favourites. Shelley, front of house, provides a warm, friendly welcome to her customers most of whom, like us, keep coming back. Service is excellent and the complimentary after dinner liqueurs round off, what is always a lovely evening, well.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
Almoradi, Spain
“Much better now that it is bigger!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lovely roast dinner, particularly the roast potatoes. The crab cake starters were good too. Clive and Shell are a lovely couple, and always make you very welcome (known them for many years). They have worked hard to make a go of their tiny place (as it was). Now that they have been able to extend into the next door place it makes for a very nice restaurant, and with some outside space too!

• Visited September 2013
North Bucks
“Great Meal and Great Service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Staying at the Dona Lola resort and being fairly lazy this time around, we were glad to find this great little restaurant just walking distance away. We ate there twice in the week that we stayed and they were definitely the best meals we had during our week.

Service was excellent, with complimentary liqueurs a nice touch at the end of the meal and the cooking was of a great standard. On our first trip I had the beef carpaccio as a starter and it was excellent and the second time around I enjoyed a filet steak as my main course. The beef was truly excellent and cooked as I asked as opposed to spoilt. Scallops in my starter were perhaps a little over done on that occasion, but that is being fussy.

Shelley was a fine host and Carla great chef and I wish them both well - they run en excellent restaurant and deserve to do well.

• Visited August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Again for me the best restaurant in the area”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I must admit I was gutted when we went to the restaurant the first night of our holiday to discover that they were themselves away in Portugal and wouldn't be opening until the Tuesday of our second week. So we patiently waited and finally Tuesday came around, as I mentioned in my last review we first discovered this little restaurant fourteen years ago, they've since expanded but the food is just as good as ever. It's just simply wonderful food and amazing value for money when you consider what you get, as well as a full meal a dish of hot fresh veg and a large dish of dauphinoise potato are placed on your table. We ate here Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and had three of our best meals of the holiday.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in area”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We first visited The Restaurant about 14 years ago, we found the food excellent and since I'm vegetarian I didn't always have much choice, they were more than happy to cook different dishes for me and at the time my three children were young and they also went out of their way to cook good they would enjoy. Every time we're in the area we visit and are never disappointed the food is second to none the portions are really good and excellent value for money. I've just returned from a girls week with some friends and we visited twice, still as good as ever.

• Visited April 2013