“A really great surprise”

La Plaza Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with
La Plaza Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 495 Restaurants in Mijas
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My daughter and I called last night without a reservation and realised immediately that the place was packed with almost every table occupied. The reason was because there was a Freddie Mercury look-alike performer who was absolutely great. It made a good evening into something special - and even better because there was not excess cover charge. Superb food and great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been here quite a few times over the years after the restaurant was recommended to us. It's located above Mas and next door to David's Bar, to be honest from the outside you would tend to walk past, but if you venture up the stairs you will be very surprised to find a large and opulent restaurant. Food is always good and service efficient, would recommend you book if you want a table outside. It's not pricey but a little more expensive than most of its neighbours.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Wednesday and returned on the Saturday with 6 friends because we were so impressed!! The roof top setting is delightful and the staff warm and efficient. The flavours of each dish were splendid and very individual. We shared two different salads to start and they were refreshing and lightly dressed with more interesting ingredients than we find here in the average restaurant. The mains, ravioli with walnut and gorgonzola for me and my husband had liver with sage salsa, were very good and full of flavour. The pasta was al dente and the liver was lightly cooked and very tender. The meal was so good that we passed on the desserts but sampled them on our return three days later and they lived up to our expectations!! Everyone who came on our second visit agreed on the excellence. A worthwhile visit and we will certainly return.For those who are looking for a cheap meal it is not the place as it is slightly above the average but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We have been here lots of times, even Christmas 2013. The food is lovely, prawn and pumpkin risotto and pilpil spaghetti my faves. I must say the portions have been much smaller the last few times I've been and you would need a starter of u choose the gorgeous homemade ravioli xx

1  Thank AmberJox
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went again last night and had the special, Rib Eye steak, delicious. I also really like the tagliatelle with the langoustines and lemon sauce. The service is always efficient and the staff are friendly. I do come here frequently as I have friends in the area. We came one night when there was a Buddy Holly tribute act on, have to say the guy was great..... Not just a singer, he had the whole history too and mixed it in nicely with the music. Always have a good night and I have never walked out dissapointed. Great job.