I went to this hotel through diamond resorts timeshares and i was not disappointed yet again!
Yes the hotel is right next to the busy main road but this did have the benefits as the bus stop to Marbella and Fuengirola were just outside and to be honest you couldn't hear it. Getting to Fuengirola only costed 1.20 euros each way and 3.00 to marbella!
The resort it self has 2 large pools and 3 children pools. There is a multi sport court and 2 tennis courts. There is an onsite childrens club which is open everyday for different activities. There were a lot of young families and lots of children so if you wanted a peaceful and quite holiday this might not be the place for you.... however there was means of getting around this by visiting one of the large pools out at the back of the resort were it has grassy areas and was beautifully quiet.
The onsite restaurant was open from 9.00am to serve breakfast then right through till 10.30pm to serve lunch and evening meals. We ate here a few times and found the food really good but got quiet boring after a while. Dining in was fine we had all the amenities that you could want including a dish washer and washing machine. Everything was of high quality and i can safely say it had the best bed i have ever slept in while on holiday. Even though we was in a studio apartment there was plenty of room and lots of storage and our own balcony.
I know there are reviews saying that they didn't like the high security and i must admit it got abit annoying having to enter through gates but that only put our minds at peace as i never felt the worry or been robbed.
The best part of the holiday is that just a 1 minute walk out of the hotel to the right and up some stair were a row of fantastic restaurants ranging from Spanish to Indian to Chinese.
Yes the beach isnt the best and the sea is dirty but it was good enough to lounge around. You can get to Fuengirola cheap enough to use the many beaches there.
Getting to the resort from the airport by means other then a 44 euro taxi is really easy. the train station is right outside the airport. You by a ticket to the last stop, Fengirola and then a taxi from there that cost 12 euros. Cheap and easy way to go!
I defiantly recommend this hotel for young couples and familes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Amigos Beach Club is undoubtedly one of the best equipped resorts in the region and promises the perfect family vacation. Almost an Andalusian village in itself, Los Amigos combines beautiful accommodations with a range of facilities including stylish indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, a clubhouse with restaurant and even its own bowling green. With attractive landscaped gardens, you might consider never leaving the resort, however, there is much to see in the surrounding area; the colorful seaside market town of Fuengirola, affluent Puerto Banus and the cobbled streets of Mijas are just some of the delights within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Los Amigos Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Amigos Beach Club Hotel Mijas
- Los Amigos Beach Hotel
- Los Amigos Beach Club Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol