We (my husband and I) stayed here during Easter 2013 (31st March – 6th April). We stayed on a Groupon deal, which included a bottle of wine and a basket of food for our arrival. The basket included a loaf of bread, a huge box of cornflakes, 6 eggs, orange juice, milk, margarine, jam, tea, coffee……I have probably forgotten something……needless to say it was a fantastic start to a great stay. We landed in Malaga very early in the morning and I had notified the hotel that we would arrive early – but I was still concerned a room would not be ready. However, the room was indeed ready and reception staff were excellent. There is some talk here on TA about old and new rooms – I am not actually sure what we got but it was spotless and fantastically well equipped. We were in 22A – which had a balcony with a view over the restaurant and we could almost see the pool. It was very spacious and had everything you could dream of for a self-catering holiday. There were two large flat screen TVs – one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. They were both equipped with a full complement of English channels including BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4. We were delighted with this – and it was possible to watch different channels on the different TVs which was another bonus. We did actually self cater here quite a bit because the facilities were so good for doing so. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well here in peace and quiet.
We ate in the on-site restaurant a couple of times and it was always very good food and value for money. A glass of house wine is 1.75 Euros, which is very reasonable in today’s’ economy, and I often partook of a cappuccino (delicious). Staff were always friendly. The supermarket on-site was a bit grotty but it had everything we needed during the stay.
The pools were spotlessly clean – if a little cold at that time of the year. Unfortunately Spring in Costa Del Sol can be changeable and we were aware of that before we went, hoping for the best. We had 3 absolutely excellent days lying by the pool in 25°C but the other 4 days were cloudy and unpredictable at around 16°C. Thankfully there was plenty to do – play tennis, go walking and sightsee in the surrounding areas. Reception staff were more than helpful when we asked about local buses. There is a bus stop on both sides of the main road (on which the hotel is situated). One heading to Marbella / Puerto Banus and the other heading to Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Malaga. The best was to get to Malaga is by taking the bus to Funegirola and catching the train onwards. There was plenty to get up to on the cloudier days but having said that I wouldn’t head off at this time of the year again.
There are a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We ate in the beach restaurant (El Faro) which was very good with beautiful views. We also ate in the Thai restaurant along the little strip to the right hand side of the hotel. Although these restaurants don’t look too special I have to say that Thai meal we had was the best meal of the entire holiday for me. The staff were just fantastic and the glasses of house wine are huge!
The beach across the road really isn’t up to much – it has been said here before – again I hoped for the best but it was still a great disappointment for me and the viaduct to get there was horrible.
All in all we had a relaxing stay in these well equipped apartments, staff were second to none and I wouldn’t hesitate to come back – we got such good value for money – but I wouldn’t come back until the summer time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Amigos Beach Club is undoubtedly one of the best equipped resorts in the region and promises the perfect family vacation. Almost an Andalusian village in itself, Los Amigos combines beautiful accommodations with a range of facilities including stylish indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, a clubhouse with restaurant and even its own bowling green. With attractive landscaped gardens, you might consider never leaving the resort, however, there is much to see in the surrounding area; the colorful seaside market town of Fuengirola, affluent Puerto Banus and the cobbled streets of Mijas are just some of the delights within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Los Amigos Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Amigos Beach Club Hotel Mijas
- Los Amigos Beach Hotel
- Los Amigos Beach Club Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol