“An enjoyable experience”

Ranked #30 of 480 Restaurants in Mijas
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family, small but cozy restaurant. Inside the typical Andalusian and private terrace overlooking the town and the Mijas Mountain.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have had dinner at this restaurant on three occasions and have never been disappointed. This family run business delivers excellent mediterranean cuisine. The staff are both friendly and attentive. The venue is well located and the terrace area is an enjoyable area to dine.. On the occasion of our last visit our party of six were all very impressed with the food and wine.

1  Thank Gowercoast1

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The set dinner menu was good value but the normal menu was overpriced. The wine was very expensive. The food was very good and in particular the vegetable paella.
Service was very good

1  Thank Jaycex
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good location, charming staff, awful over priced food! Again misled by the Michelin guide recommendation we hoped that the very expensive menu would be outstanding......18 euros for a fiver bottle of wine followed by bland food swimming in a watery sauce. Served with chips!!!! Frozen chips at that! We declined a dessert or coffee as we simply wished to leave. 4 main courses, a bottle of wine and 2 beers at over 120 euros! Need to up your game guys...

1  Thank fifimae
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friend chose this restaurant because it was recommended in a print copy of the Michelin guide.

We were very disappointed, our visit for lunch was dominated by a 10Euro menu of 3 large courses. Even if you chose to order something other than the menu, the same building blocks of food are used. They are not of high quality. The cooking was uninspired, frankly boring.

Nothing was terrible, but nothing stood out. There really isn't a good reason to try this restaurant, there must be a way to do better in Mijas.

Everything changes over time, perhaps this place was good in the past, but now it looks as if it caters to the tour bus business.

The interior looks very dated, as if your grandmother decorated a restaurant in the 1960's and it has never changed since.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were enticed by reviews, local web reviews and people we had met. So perhaps our experience is a one off.
Everything seemed good. The welcome was fine. Thereafter everything declined.
My wife's prawn starter was boiling for five minutes after serving - inedible until that point. My crepe was sealed to the plate. However, a little light relief, my wife's duck main course was fine. Thereafter downhill all the way.My grilled turbot was served with much blood and raw. It was re-served well done with various explanations including the Spanish like it that way. ( I was not offered a choice).

So to the bill. Full price was on the invoice. When I enquired as to a reduction since I had received poor quality the response was 'oh, you want a reduction'.. I received a reduction of 8 euros on a bill of 98 euros. My point is that the food was poor, the service reluctant and almost grudging. This restaurant has a good rep but my/our experience does not affirm this. Shame.