“Most pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2014

With a friend I visited this restaurant and was most pleasantly surprised. The food was first class, the service was excellent and friendly. Most enjoyable. A little more costly than some lesser places but for that real special occasion _ wow. needless to say my company was also exceptional.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

we have visited this restaurant twice and each time have had an excellent menu del dia. The choice isn't great but the food was good. We had the vegetables a la plancha for a starter, beautifully cooked. There is plenty of outside seating and also a roof terrace where food is served.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We chose to eat at La Lupe for our 48th wedding anniversary. We had the cheese fondue and will try the meat on another occasion. My husband had made arrangements unknown to myself for champagne and a cake, it was actually a plate of beautifully arranged small cakes with a 48 candle.

This is not a large restaurant and adds to the atmosphere, the tables inside were full, the waitress was attentive and the food good, if you would like somewhere that is a little bit special give it a try. There is a menu del dia of both the day & night at a reasonable cost.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have eaten a couple of times before at this restaurant and enjoyed the food. For a different kind of meal I have chosen to share both the cheese and meat fondues with friends and found them to be excellent and very filling.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited La Lupe to eat for the first time last night. I’d previously visited just to check out the menu and on that occasion discovered that this is my type of cuisine…..

Was accompanied by guests from France (who are very experienced in ‘good fayre’). Whilst we all loved the a l’carte menu all three of us went for the reasonably priced Menu del Noche/Dia at 12.00 € including a drink.

My guests had mille-feuille of Tomato and Mozzarella with Basil, and Stuffed Endive leaves whilst I plumped for the piping hot Colifor and Brussels Sprouts au gratin. All delicious….

We all had Salmon fillet and this was perfectly cooked with an accompaniment of deep fried vegetables (tempura)….all washed down with pasties of our choice and wine. The quality was excellent, the presentation excellent and the value was also without fault. Chef knows what’s he’s doing in the kitchen and it was a pleasure to have something not only tasteful but also creatively presented and at a very reasonable cost for such high quality….if La Lupe put it up to 15.00€ it would still be good value.

If there is one place that deserves to do well it’s la Lupe but sadly, word has yet to get out about this restaurant.

Service was excellent….friendly, warm and both chef and his wife excel in making you feel entirely at home.

By the way, the décor is modern, fresh and clean. The photo does not do this restaurant justice and especially at night the lighting is tasteful, warm and inviting.

This now ranks in my top 3 favourite places to visit in the area….