“Mediterranean Views”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited for lunch, we received a friendly welcome to a restaurant with good views of the sea. Hubby had the black pudding with scrambled eggs for starters and found it very tasty, I had the garlic mushrooms which could have been a little more garlicky. Hubby's main was the lamb shank with mash and fresh veg, very nice. My main was the lasagne which was piping hot and tasty. Nice glass of sangria!

There are newer reviews for Arriba Cafe Bar

Reviewed October 7, 2013

have had yet another good afternoon at the Arriba , Pat and Mike and staff are marvellous hosts , who will always spare time for a chat . Together with good food , well prepared and served with a smile you cant go wrong . The fantastic view and location of the bar make for a great time , shall be there again next week ( Oct. /13 )

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Found this cafe bar by accident, just walking looking for somewhere to eat and came across the menu board, wnt in, had great meal , owner and staff were very friendly, food was excellant, had menu of the day 3 courses for €13.50 very very reasonable.

Would definately go again and recommend this cafe bar to anyone who is going to Mojacar.

1  Thank annienottingham85
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had eaten at Arriba last year and we had a fairly nice meal, a little fussy but nice all the same and felt that owners/staff were very friendly, so we pre booked a table for one of the nights this time.
However on our return this year we found the complete opposite experience and an almost identical experience to Lc2891's review.

It was raining very hard that evening but very warm so the terrace had all the covers drawn so we were still able to sit outside, drinks were served and our order taken my partner had the chilli prawns (linguini) last year and said it was a nice tasty dish so we both ordered this meal this time and found exactly the same as Lc2891 problem with this meal which was tasteless and was basically spaghetti, packet frozen prawns and cream, with a distinct lack of chilli!
This was not the worst part of the experience however. As we were a little disappointed with the meal we decided to ask for our bill and move on to another bar to drink more to remove the fishy creamy taste we had in our mouths the bill came, the waitress took our payment and gave us our change out of which we left a reasonable tip, as we got up to leave we could here the owner shout out to the waitress in a panicked voice "have they paid!" In front of the other diners, how rude and unprofessional is that.
We were shocked, embarrassed & most annoyed at this and were tempted to return and say something but thought better of it and we were more annoyed about leaving a tip for the poor service, so here is another tip for the owner, we won't be eating here again!

1  Thank Pigdogstix
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I can, without hesitation, say that the service that I received in Arriba was the worst I have ever had. The food is passable, but the incompetency of the waiting staff was really quite shocking.

Myself, my boyfriend and my 2 friends chose Arriba for a meal whilst on holiday in Mojacar. On arrival we were welcomed and seated at a table on the terrace and ordered a round of drinks which was great. When we ordered our meal, the waitress indicated that we might experience a wait for our food because she had a big party in, which we were perfectly happy with and we appreciated the forewarning.

After around an hour of waiting the waiter appeared and asked if we had only ordered 3 main courses. We hadn't so it transpired that the waitress had missed out one of our main courses. This wasn't a massive issue, but it would have been nice for the waiter to at least apologise for the mistake, especially after an hour of waiting.

Those who weren't drinking wine in the group were sitting with empty glasses for the entire time we waited for our starters which was around an hour and 10 minutes, as no one had bothered to offer us any more drinks, my friend had to go in and order at the bar.

It then started raining, so we managed to move ourselves to a table inside with no sign of any waiting staff to help. Meanwhile, the large party were calling on the staff to help them move inside and no one appeared. They all had to move themselves half way through eating their main courses as the staff were no where to be seen.

Soon after, two of our starters arrived and at this point the waitress realised it was raining. Her response to this was to stand and stare out at the rain for at least a minute whilst my friends and I were exchanging confused looks, wondering why she was just standing there and making no attempt to apologise to the diners for the inconvenience of moving themselves inside or to get the salad that I had waited for an hour and twenty minutes for.

After the mediocre starters, thankfully the main courses were not too long a wait. However, when my main course arrived it was a plate of spaghetti with prawns and cream, which was not the linguine with cherry tomatoes, spinach and prawns that I had ordered. I would never usually complain about that, but after waiting for so long I would at least expect to receive what I had ordered.

I took my plate inside to the waiter to ask if I had received the right meal(I would still be there now if I had waited for anyone to come and check back on our table). When I approached the waiter he held up his hand and said "wait a minute" which I found quite rude. Then, after I explained that I wasn't sure if this was what I had ordered, he said "well the chef must have run out of the other things", there was a slightly awkward silence where I was waiting for an apology but it never came. He did say that he would get me something else but by this point I had had enough so declined and told him I wouldn't be paying for that dish.

We were offered free deserts, which we appreciated and the food wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. However, I was really shocked at how incompetent and at times, rude the staff were. I have never complained in a restaurant before, but this was just unbelievably bad. There are plenty of really great restaurants in Mojacar, but unless you are coming here to laugh at how bad the service is, give it a miss.