“Very good experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Very good experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Visited twice during our 2 week stay near Mojacar. Both times had sandwiches or similar. Very friendly staff and the food was well presented, tasty and a reasonable price.The Sunday lunch looked very good and was very popular.

• Visited January 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Evening meal at Arriba”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

During a recent trip to our apartment in Mojacar we visited Arriba for the first time and was impressed at the quality of the food Mike served. The restaurant is well placed on the playa for us just a couple of mins drive from the apartment. We went back on our last night as well my wife had the fried goats cheese salad and i had the prawn linguine yum!! we will be back in April.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Steve P
Zurgena, Spain
“A nice place for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

On my previous visit I had declared that I had just eaten the best Sunday lunch since I had been living in Spain, BUT, spoilt only by the cold plates.

For our visit to Arriba on this occasion, everything was perfect apart from my Roast Lamb which I found to be rather fatty and a little tough. This was a great shame as it was accompanied by perfect roast potatoes, a great selection of vegetables, stuffing balls, Yorkshire pudding, tasty gravy and a choice of sauces. A dining companion had the Roast Beef which he declared to be tough, others had the lamb which they all enjoyed.

Our choice of starters had been Spicey Tomato Soup, Breaded Mushrooms and Fishcakes with a chilli sauce, most of us opted for the latter, which were very tasty, and our soup expert was impressed with his choice.

One course was charged at €8.50, two for €10.50 and as pudding was only another €2 more so we all opted in.

The choice was Carrot Cake, Malteser and White Chocolate Cheesecake, Apple Crumble, Trifle, Fruit Salad and Ice Cream all served with a choice of cream, ice cream or custard.
Decisions, Decisions! I had the carrot cake, which was home-made, moist and delicious. Others were well happy with their crumbles and cheesecakes.

Our house wine was a reasonable Castillo de Soldepeñas (Tempranillo & Garnacha) at €8.50 whilst water was served at €2.50 for a large bottle. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed nice sea views. Altogether a pleasant Sunday lunch in a nice location, despite my disappointing meat.
I must go back and try their pies on a Tuesday or Thursday.

• Visited November 2012
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well done Arriba”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have dined at the Arriba Cafe Bar a couple of times and found Mick and Pat warm and friendly hosts. The menu is good and well priced. The food and service I found very good :-(Special fish night and sunday roast) Sitting on the patio overlooking the ocean is a added bonus, hopefully I will return...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank carol s
Mojacar, Spain
“Dont go if they are busy”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I find it hard to say anything derogatory about Arriba because the people there try hard and are nice enough but when its busy its a bit Faulty Towers. We went twice recently, once when it was quiet and in fact we were the only family dining, the food was just about ok overall and the service was great.

Yet when we returned they were a lot busier, not full though and it all went sour. The poor lady who was on her own serving was running round like a headless chicken. They had two in the kitchen but still food didnt come out of there quickly and again it wasn't special in any way.

We have been before some time ago and will no doubt give it a try again in the future but it will be a while and it will be when they are having a quiet night.

• Visited August 2012