“Beachcomber Mojacar”

Beachcomber Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 221 Restaurants in Mojacar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Description: Mojacar's Beachcomber Bar/Cafe and Restaurant is a fantastic venue for chilling out during the day and partying away until late in the evening. Located a few metres from the beach this bar boasts stunning views of Mojacar's coastline. A large terrace at the front of the bar caters for both sun worshippers and those who prefer a shaded retreat. The interior of the bar is very roomy and is fully air conditioned. The ladies and disabled persons toilet has a baby nappy changing facility.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Beachcomber in Mojacar is one of our favorite places to eat. All the staff are very friendly. The food and service is of excellent standard. The meal of the day/night is highly recommended. It also has fantastic views, the perfect location. Its also a great bar to go into just for a drink of an evening to meet some of the local friendly people.

Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing visit us regularly when you are here in Mojacar and for sharing your thoughts on your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Whilst we accept we will not be able to please everyone with what we offer, it is particularly pleasing when customers highlight a number of key factors we aim to incorporate within our proposition, such as you have done.

We are pleased you appreciate the quality of our food, friendly excellent staff, choice, value and service that we aim to deliver with a great location and views. All this whilst being able to relax inside the bar/restaurant or outside on the terrace just a stones throw from the sea.

We look forward to the chance to see you again soon.

Best wishes from John and all the team at The Beachcomber Restaurant on Mojacar Playa.

Directions: The Beachcomber cannot be seen from the main road and can best be found by looking for the 'Levante' restaurant or the 'Irish Rover' restaurant on Playa Ventanicas where we can be found on the paseo (Promenade) between the two restaurants, literally overlooking the sea….. (0034) 950 473 099

Please note: We have no pretensions about our food and do not offer fine dining cuisine and we have no hankering to do so either. If this is what you are looking for then The Beachcomber is clearly not the right place for you to visit. However if you are looking for good home cooking at value for money prices and comfort with a view to die for, the Beachcomber is for you.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good cooking from a friendly bunch of people and value for money to boot. Like many other people its my regular when Im in Mojacar and it must be good because I cant think of anywhere else I would consider eating 7 days in a week.

1  Thank Philip A
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell others about your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We are really pleased we continue to offer the right level of value and quality that meets your expectations and what makes our staff so friendly is great customers like you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

When in Mojacar which is a lot as I have an apartment in the town I eat at the Beachcomber often and although I've tried my best to get all the way through the menu I haven't yet because I have to keep going back to my favourite dishes. I've been asked if I get fed up eating at the same place but I was married to the same woman for 38 years and she fed me three times a day and I didn't get fed up with her cooking and now I have 3 or 4 different cooks cooking my meals with a much bigger menu to choose from. I can't wait to move to Mojacar full time then I will no doubt be like many other locals and eat in the Beachcomber every day for one meal or another, top notch eatery that's what I say. And lets not forget the fantastic staff and wonderful views over the Mediterranian. Thank you Beachcomber for looking after me.

1  Thank Brian P
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we understand how much effort this takes in your no doubt busy life when you return to the UK. But by your comments it wont be long before you are here full time and we will look forward to seeing you, like many of our customers, even more regularly, maybe as in your own words daily.

We are pleased we continue to offer the right level of service, value and quality that meets your expectations and hope we can continue to do so in the future.

Please note: We have no pretensions about our food and do not offer fine dining cuisine and we have no hankering to do so either. If this is what you are looking for then The Beachcomber is clearly not the right place for you to visit. However if you are looking for good home cooking at value for money prices and comfort, the Beachcomber is for you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Beachcomber is still brilliant but my doctor says i've got to look after myself and so i'm on a health thing at the moment.Luckily there's plenty on their menu to help me and especially the healthy breakfast grilled with perfectly poached or scrambled eggs .My naughty day is Friday when I have to have the fish and chips,oh well I cant give everything up. The cooks are very acommodating and will change menus to suit me where they can.Milo.

1  Thank Miles G

We are really pleased we continue to deliver what you are looking for. As for your favourite dishes, I promise we will never remove them (Fish and chips and our healthy breakfast). Every time we consider removing dishes from the menu, someone tells us how much they enjoy them. As such, we will continue with the same core menu and also continue to offer our three course menus of the day and night to supplement it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon when you return for one of your extended breaks to Mojacar.

Thank you for taking the time to leave another review for us.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We used the Beachcomber for our lunch on numerous days and we were never disappointed. The food quality is excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank popey25

Thank you so much, we are always grateful when people choose to try us out, and especially on more than one occasion. Many thanks for doing so and we are particularly pleased you also enjoyed your visits.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes from everyone at The Beachcomber Restaurant on Mojacar Playa.