“Another great introduction”

Beachcomber Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 219 Restaurants in Mojacar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Description: Mojacar's Beachcomber Bar/Cafe and Restaurant is a fantastic venue for chilling out during the day and partying away until late in the evening. Located a few metres from the beach this bar boasts stunning views of Mojacar's coastline. A large terrace at the front of the bar caters for both sun worshippers and those who prefer a shaded retreat. The interior of the bar is very roomy and is fully air conditioned. The ladies and disabled persons toilet has a baby nappy changing facility.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Another great introduction”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

got back to spain and had to visit the beachcomber,lo and behold,they have introduced a new special,after yhe bread and alioli (no salad for me)I had thw fantastic oven roasted chicken and chips(eat as much as you like) then the fabby whisky tart for desert,now for 12euros for 3 courses including drinks(hic) that cannot be beaten for a long lazy sunday special afternoon,I needed a wheelbarrow to take me home(greedy git),If you only get one sunday in mojacar then I can honestly say this is the deal to go for,once again well done John and Co.plus new to me were the very good entertainers I saw while there,

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank hartcjhart
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
It has been so great to see you back in Mojacar and thank you for taking the time to review us once again. Our new Sunday menus have been a wonderful success and the bonus of knowing exactly how much your meal and drinks is going to cost has been much loved by our customers.
Our entertainment nights are also a roaring success and we continue to be fully booked up on most events weeks before the night making it important for customers to get in there and book early. Also the early bookers get to pick the best tables.
All the best to you and we will not look forward to the end of this month when your extended winter break comes to an end, it wont be the same without you coming in every day!
John.

Kent
“Still my favourite Mojacar restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I cant beat the place, I try and try but nope its the best in Mojacar. Ok they dont roast sirloin steak for their sunday roast but it all tastes flipping good anyway. Value for money is unbeatable in the town or in fact anywhere else Ive ever eaten. Three course sunday roast for €7.75 and live singer later to boot, you sure?

Hubby and I got friends to babysit the kids while we went to a tribute night at the Beachcomber. What a fabulous evening with a three course meal thrown in oh and you could eat all you wanted and ask for more if still hungry.

As we ate at many different restaurants while in Mojacar we only managed one more visit here and chose the three course menu of the day and at €10.00 is excellent value taking into account what is on offer. Let me tell you what me and hubby had which was all good. (Kids had the €3.00 kids menus)
Deep fried breaded camembert, red current jelly and salad.
Home made cauliflower and stilton soup and fresh baked bread.
Home made chicken and mushroom pie and mash and fresh vegetables.
Home made beer battered fish and chips and of course mushy peas,lemon and tartar.
Home made sticky toffee pudding and custard.
Home made after eight and white chocolate cheesecake and ice cream.
Beat that I cant.

2 Thank Nickie1977
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you Nickie for another fantastic review and we are chuffed to bits you still enjoy your visits to the Beachcomber.
Our aim is to provide good food at value for money prices and so for the winter we are offering a Monday and Friday night €7.75 three course menu of the night.
Please note although we are open every day of the year, during the winter we are only open for evening dining on Mondays and Fridays and apart from the 'Special' mentioned our normal menu of the night and a la carte menus are also available.
We are also open at nights on our entertainment evenings when walk-ins will be accepted if we have room.

Thanks again Nickie and we will look forward to your next visit to Mojacar.
nottingham, uk
“Outstanding Value for Money”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Visited Beachcomber a few times during a one week stay in Mojacar in October 2011. Great views, freindly service, and great food.

We were a family of four with two young children. The kids menu is varied enough for the little ones to choose from - the kids price is unbeatable in my opinion. The main menu has all you would expect from a place like this - easier to check out the website than list it all here.

My first visit here I had the slow roasted lamb. My second visit I had the fillet steak. The steak was as expected (nice and tender full of flavour). The lamb was brilliant. Falling off the bone so easliy, but still with all the flavour.

Beachcomber John: Don't ever take the lamb off your menu!

Beachcomber is a traditional bar/cafe/restaurant that caters for the British so don't expect an upmarket posh eatery. I gave it five out of five as the food exceeded my expectations, prices were very competitive and the sea view is perfect. The staff and service were friendly and efficient.

3 Thank taxislag
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Many thanks for a marvellous review, we are so pleased you and your family enjoyed the Beachcomber. I see you are well travelled and also a regular reviewer which says a lot about what you have written. I promise I will not take the 'Minted Lamb Shank' off the menu, it is one of the best sellers on our A La Carte menu.

I do hope you will come back to Mojacar and if so visit us again, thank you again, John.
Spain
“A warm welcome awaits”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This wonderful place sits on the promenade enjoying marvellous views. The staff are friendly and welcome guests as new friends. The comprehensive menu offers a staggering variety and one would be hard put to not find something for everyone's taste and budget.
The menu of the night in particular the Prawn Cocktail (fresh prawns and real Marie-Rose sauce á la 70's) is a joy. Generous portions abound and the desserts are sinfully mouthwatering.(Try the Hot Waffle with ice-cream and Golden Syrup) Good old-style food. Children are welcome and there is a real family atmosphere.
When visiting Mojácar The BEACHCOMBER should be first port of call!!

2 Thank Bridie21
Thank you Bridie for your great Beachcomber review. We appreciate you and your husband coming to see us regularly, it means we are doing something right. As discerning customers who eat regularly at higher class (And more expensive lol) restaurants than ours I know if anything wasn't right you would let us know, this is very much appreciated also.

Best wishes and see you soon I hope, John.
Handforth, United Kingdom
“Smashing little place”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We visited the Beachcomber several times on our recent holiday in Mojacar and enjoyed each one. We particularly enjoyed the two tribute nights (Karen C, Shania T, Kylie M & Buddy Holly-the latter booked in advance in the UK (thanks John!), and were impressed by the way the staff served out the food on two busy nights.
I have to applaud the English breakfasts-the best on the Playa in my opinion! Really appreciated the free Wi Fi aswell. The staff were always friendly, polite & helpful-John you have a great team!
So, if you are in Mojacar, I can thoroughly recommend the Beachcomber as a great place to chill.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank JPW753
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
I am so pleased you took the time to send in a review of the Beachcomber, it is very much appreciated and even more so because you enjoyed your visits to us.
We are lucky to have such wonderful tribute acts and will try and bring them all back about three times a year.
I am also grateful for your comments about our food, service and staff, thank you very much, John.