“The Jewel in the Crown”

Ranked #5 of 217 Restaurants in Mojacar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Guardia Vieja Complex along Mojacar beach. Nearby land marks, 'Stables' roundabout, 10m from Moma Disco bar, opposite Antonella Italian restaurant.
Island of Malta, Malta
“The Jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant, situated upstairs in a small shopping complex on Mojacar Playa, is a delight to the olfactory and gustatory senses. This is the best Indian restaurant in the Mojacar/Vera/Garrucha area. The staff and chef are very friendly and efficient, the chef even emerges from the kitchen to say hello if there is a temporary lull in orders. We have visited this restaurant on several occasions over the past couple of years the standard of cooking is consistent and always high.

It is the food that really distinguishes this Jewel in the Playa. The menu has sufficient variety to suit most tastes and the dishes are well described. Some dishes have even been invented by the chef. If you are looking for a tindaloo or vindaloo after a few pints then this is NOT the place for you. However, if you want excellent cuisine with a mouthwatering melange of spices then we thoroughly recommend this establishment.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SHShaw

Alhama de Almeria, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a meal”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My partner and i have just had the best curry .a prawn puri followed by chicken malbari (a dish from the chefs mum) rice (to die for) and a fresh naan .It was a bit slow as its cooked fresh not from a freezer but worth the wait about 20 mins.I am so lucky its just down the road from my house.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank campbell645
Cuevas del Almanzora, Spain
“REAL Indian Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Definitely the best Indian food in Mojacar, where there are several mediocre competitors.
Genuine recipes, many handed down from chef's mother, and beautifully presented.
Highly recommended

• Visited December 2013
Cartagena, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“confused”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

from the outside we thought the restaurant looked like an out of the nearby pub and in for a curry restaurant . that is where any criticism finishes for me. we were welcomed by the owners wife and sat at a nice warm table where she was always at hand for us. I consider myself very experienced in indian food and found all the food to be perfect. , the chicken tikka masala was my favourite , fresh ingredients which is essential , nan breads perfect , we couldn't have asked for a better meal. the owner himself came to our table afterwards and asked how our meal was , which I thought was a nice touch as it gives a chance to put your views good or bad. we only wish they would open up a restaurant near us on la manga club! despite the distance we will return .

• Visited November 2013
Turre, Spain
“Food was good.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Comparing this to Indian Restaurants back in my home town of Birmingham, I would say that the food is comparable to the better ones.There is a lot more competition in Birmingham and a higher turnover of diners and I guess this reflected in the price as it was around 50% more expensive than in Birmingham. Nonetheless, for around here, with a nice location, smaller turnover etc, it was about what I would have expected costing around 58 euros for 2 starters, 2 main courses, 2 rice, 2 drinks, 1 Naan, 1 desert and a bottle of water. Food was nice and we had a good chat with the owner discussing the economics of keeping a restaurant open during the winter season. All in all, I give it a thumbs up eating out for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2013