“Eating in Mojacar”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The best restaurant we visited. Six of us travelled together and said this restaurant was the best value for money, service was excellent and the food was by far the best we had eaten. We ordered the rizio which is a menu of 10 different meats brought out on skewers one meat at a time. If you order this meal make sure you are hungry!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My dad lives in Mojacar and we ensure that a visit to this restaurant is firmly in the diary each time we go over and see him - it is truly magnificent. I live in London and I can honestly say that the steaks here not only rival, but actually beat, anything I have had in the capital.
We always go for the house red, which is excellent, and the starter of freshly baked warm bread rolls accompanied by blue cheese buttery spread and delicious chilli/coriander/garlic oil is outstanding.
I personally always go for the fillet and to this day - bearing in mind I have been visiting this restaurant for 10 years - I have NEVER been let down. I am astounded at some of the other reviews on here that have given less then 5 stars.
In terms of accompanying food, the chips are tasty and well cooked, the roasted vegetables are delicious as are the fried cheese dish and the cannelloni. We sometimes plump for the caramel crepes after which are sensational.
Ignore the review which is entitled 'frozen steaks' - this is utter nonsense which implies that this is some cowboy venture - my father knows the owner very well having lived in the town for the past 10 years and has been lucky enough to see the inner workings of the back restaurant - the meat is flown in from Argentina and is of the highest quality available.
As for the reviews which mention price, in my opinion, you get absolutely what you pay for - quality food, drink and service.
All in all, as you can probably guess, I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We enjoyed our first visit to the restaurant in April and had a very enjoyable evening, the service was excellent and the food great as were the house wines, we'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I visited here twice. The steaks and chicken are so soft and tasty. We loved the cheese starter. The owner was very nice and helpful especially towards my food allergies. The food we ate filled us up so we didn´t need another large meal that day. Good value for money. An excellent restaurant

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have to agree somewhat with a previous review by "Frequent Tryer".

I have been here a few times over the years and have written reviews previously myself commenting on how much I enjoyed it, but sadly this time my experience wasn't as good.

I too ordered the Rib Eye Rare (which I prefer to any other cut, due to the eye of fat which gives the steak a juicy flavour), but when it arrived on two plates, (the top one of which must not be microwaveable as it was that hot it was not true) the steak was almost a grey colour and any evidence of the rib fat was non existent, but perhaps I foolishly though that their cuts of meat must be different to those I am used to.

Needless to say, whilst it may have been rare when it came off the griddle by the time it was transferred to a red hot plate and brought to the table it was medium rare best.

I didn't even think the chips were as nice as other times.

The people we were with thought it was excellent, but then again they like thier steaks cremated which I think is a waste of good meat anyway.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I did not question the waiter, perhaps I should have done, but what I will do is vote with my feet next time and try somewhere else.