“Closest thing to fine dining in Mojacar”
Review of Parador de Mojacar

Parador de Mojacar
Ranked #82 of 221 Restaurants in Mojacar
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mojacar Playa is not known for its fine dining restaurants and we searched for somewhere just that little bit special for our wedding anniversary. I was a little worried because the menu didn't seem particularly mouth watering and hotels are not normally known for good restaurants; while away on business I never ever eat in the hotel I am staying in. However, I was pleasantly surprised! The food was much better than I expected and far superior to anything we have found on the playa. My only beef was that the wine we requested was unavailable and they suggested another which was much drier than we would have liked. Full marks for the chef and his team.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was a lovely hotel with first class food, though the staff appeared to have all lost near and dear relatives, so sad were they. The lasting memory will be the breakfasts endless selections we could have stayed there all day!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nothing to dislike location and service first class (some) English spoken depending on who was on duty

Reviewed August 9, 2011

A week spent here at the Parador has been a most pleasant experience, and we have seen the Paradores at their best. When they do it well it really is good, though you still need to be aware of their achilles heel - the food.
Rooms here are brilliant (the newly refurbished ones, that is) as the air conditioning is a must here in heat-wave country. The bedrooms are expansive, clean and modern - with a large and comfortable bed. Consequently I have slept like a baby - in fact, I don´t think I have ever slept this well before!
The great ace in the Parador pack of cards, however, is their breakfast. A veritable banquet of hot and cold buffet food, fruit, cereals, endless coffee, gluten-free breads, cold meats, cheese boards, pastries...and on and on to infinity... well, at least until early evening. You can certainly stoke up for a full day´s activity and not worry about lunch. In fact, I saw some crafty spaniards walking out with their newly-prepared lunches from the breakfast bar - cheese and ham rolls, fruit, yoghurts and cakes. Happy days.
Where the Paradores chain comes unstuck is in its restaurant offering. The menu selection is pretty dire and pretty expensive - hence the noticeable emptiness at lunch-times and in the evening. If you do want an evening in (and unfortunately Mojacar seems to have a real lack of quality eating places) my advice is go for something that needs little or no cooking expertise - i.e. salads, tortilla or meat/cheese boards. Sat out on the terrace overlooking the beach and pool with a bottle of chilled white Rueda - perfecto!
Overall, the Parador at Mojacar is a really great place to spend some quality relaxation time by the beach or by the pool, and the service and attention of the staff is faultless.
My compliments "para el Parador"!
JLR score - 36/50

Reviewed May 6, 2009

A lovely Parador and a good breakfast. But whatever you do, don't eat lunch or dinner or here, it's a scary experience and expensive too. Instead eat at La Bola which is practically next door.