I've lived in Russia for awhile, and this is the nicest hotel I've been to in Russia.
- European-standard service and accommodation (very important, because most Russian hotels are sub-par)
- Clean, brand-new facilities
- Adorable log cabin ambience with all-wood interior, cute fireplace, etc.
- Excellent location (a 10-minute walk to the city center, with a quaint wooden bridge crossing over the river affording beautiful views)
- Quiet and peaceful
- Decent breakfast with fresh, home-made porridge, pancakes, etc.
- Accommodating desk staff. We brought an extra person with us (we were three), and they had an extra bed, towels, and soap waiting for us upon arrival.
- Sauna downstairs with a jacuzzi (for an added fee per hour).
There were virtually no cons. The tiniest complaint is that the WiFi worked poorly in our room, but it worked perfectly in the common area right outside.
I highly recommend this place. We went during the week and had the entire place to ourselves. We had so much fun. Suzdal is a lovely little town, and Svetliy Terem was perfect.More