We could not find this hotel driving around. Map Quest and our confirmation had wrong addresses. I was a little nervous driving and graffiti is every where so it looked unsafe at first glance. When we arrived at the hotel the staff was great and friendly. I asked if the neighborhood is safe and they said yes and you can walk and its fine. The hotel is nice inside. We dined in the restaurant and the service was excellent and the food was good. They have a free breakfast and fee internet. The gym is very small and I never made it to the pool or spa.
The next day we walked down to the river across from Porto. The area is really cool lined with restaurants, Port caves and Rabelo boats. The walk was an easy walk. We walked back to the hotel late night that same evening in the dark and didn't have any issues. Compared to the prices in Porto I am so glad we stayed here. The Holiday Inn is an excellent value and we had two rooms in the family suite. It was the largest room in our entire Portugal vacation. The family suite has a lower level living room, half bath, small kitchen, dining table and desk. Upstairs is two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The price was awesome compared to small rooms in Porto.
If you don't mind walking this is a great place to stay. Just make sure you have the correct address when driving as it can be hard to find. I wish we had more time here.
The staff rocks and one girl- I wish I had her name - but she is a built in tour guide and passionate about the area. Great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Holiday Inn Porto Gaia and enjoy the magnificent views over the Vila Nova Gaia and Porto cities. The Holiday Inn Porto Gaia is a four star deluxe hotel located in the heart of Vila Nova de Gaia - Porto. The hotel is only a short distance from the worldwide famous port wine cellars, the historical city center of Oporto, blue flag beaches and also train and metro station. We welcome you into our inviting and ample lobby where you can enjoy different sensations. Try the flavors of typical Portuguese food in our restaurant and bar "Food & Friends." Our rooms and suites are the perfect place to disconnect from the outside world and appreciate the small details like the complimentary internet access. Our executive floor located on the 22nd floor is an experience that you need to try. All the bedrooms located in this floor have access to the executive lounge, to the gym and the amazing panoramic view over the river Douro and the cities of Vila Nova de Gaia e Porto. The hotel Holiday Inn is the perfect choice for your meeting or event. We have at your disposal a congress center with 1500 m2 and 16 meeting rooms equipped with stat of the art audiovisual technology and a group of specialized professionals that will help you. Its strategic location with Porto Congress center, the short distance from the Trade Fair Centers - Exponor and Europarque and the airport Sá Carneiro make Holiday Inn Porto Gaia the perfect choice for leisure as well as business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Porto Gaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- Melia Hotel Gaia Porto
- Sol Melia Gaia Porto
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia