“good for lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rabelos Restaurante Bar

Rabelos Restaurante Bar
Reserve with
Rabelos Restaurante Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: On the banks of the Douro River and surrounded by the most famous port wine cellars comes un combine innovative space that knows very well the cosmopolitan tastes of the modern world ancient architecture, our chef sorprenedera your palate featuring international food up from the Portuguese cod Passing URI yet the author's cuisine, fine wines to your table but deslunbrantes surrounded by the views of the river Douro World Heritage of UNESCO.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“good for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

good restaurant for lunch with specials at a very good price. I tried paella and it was good. Some of my friends tried fish and it was also good. In that area there is a lot of restaurants and this one can be a option before visiting the caves.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
“not a good choice for meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food was normal. We had salads but the price was as if it were a main dish. Location was good. But if you really wanted to eat something, this one is not a good choice.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Katja63
“Ok food. Bad service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

It looks like a fancy restaurant, but the truth is NO! The food was just normal but the price was as if it were fancy food. At the end we even got one more item on bill which we didnt have. Although they corrected and apologized, the feeling was not very good. Be sure to check the bill.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Klar F
Madrid
“Food poisoned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

First of all I have got to say it is a really nice restaurant in terms of architecture and for the view you get from the terrace. I have been there 5 times and I SWEAR down I will never EVER go even pass by that place. First 2 times we only had drinks and it was all good. Third time I have been there with my mum and the food was "okay". We ordered bacalhau and it was too oily for my taste and too much onions thrown in there. But the view was nice although we waited for the food to come for over 1 hour 30mins (ridiculous).

Fourth time I went there was around a month ago with my friends who came to visit. I wanted to experience the view from there and took them to a fancy restaurant. I suggested them to try the typical Porto's francesinha. I, thankfully, ordered just meat and a salad to go with. All three of them had francesinha and got massively food poisoned. One of them had his flight back the next day and he had been sick all over the place and during the flight. I felt a bit nauseated but just because I was angry and fell bad because of the hard time they were going through due to the food...

Fourth and LAST time I went there was yesterday because I wanted to give it a go once again since I really enjoyed the view from there and the nice atmosphere. So I avoided the meat, the bacalhau and the francesinha and only ordered pasta...sea food pasta. I now so regret it since I have been sick all night long and had to call sick at work.

So I wanted to share this with you right now that I am staying at home with a terrible stomachache and without no sleep due to my sickness which started 2 hours after consuming dinner at Rabelos.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MrLighthouse
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
“Some restaurants just make you angry...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the outside you could be fooled into thinking that this restaurant is a high-end eatery. Outdoing its rivals on the riverfront in presentation, the salesman outside didn't have to try to hard to persuade 4 of us to eat at Rabelos.

The service seemed to be all over the place, we had to wait 25 minutes inside to receive our first drinks, whilst we were waiting to be seated outside.

Onto the food. I ordered a meat fettucini in a rich tomato sauce. What I was served with was a pasta with a tomato sauce that could only be described as tasteless with 2 tiny pieces of beef in the whole dish. My girlfriend ordered paella which was completely dry and far too over-salted for any taste buds. When asked why she didn't like it and responded that it was over salted, the waiter said 'that's because you're English.' Believe me, it was terrible.

On top of this, the chips that my friend ordered with his steak turned up after he'd finished his steak. Drinks that were not ordered but given to us were also charged on our tab, which cost 12 euros each.

So to sum up, poor/lazy service, bland/inedible food, sneeky tactics. Tourist Trap.

• Visited July 2013