This is a pleasant hotel in Vila Nova de Gaia, across the Douro river from Oporto. Although it is difficult to find even with a GPS (it is off the Arrabida bridge), it is surprisingly pleasant for a short stay (ours was just one night so there were facilities we didn't use).
Staff at reception were nice and professional; our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed, a sofa-bed, modular furniture and modern bathroom. There was free wi-fi.
Dogs are accepted for a fee.
Private parking is free; that is good because you need a car (or taxi) to go anywhere.
The pool area is pleasant and there are facilities for children to play in.
Breakfast was expensive so we didn't have it. There is a bar and restaurant but we went out for meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Porto Gaia is a 3 star hotel located in Vila Nova de Gaia, close to the centre of Porto and renowned wine cellars, 20 km from the airport and 35 km from the Europarque conference centre. Perfect for a business trip or a holiday with your family, the hotel offers 93 airconditioned rooms, including 56 non smoking rooms, five meeting rooms for your conference and seminar needs, a restaurant, bar, private parking, swimming pool, terrace area and playground for children. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Porto Gaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Porto Gaia Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- Novotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- Vila Nova De Gaia Novotel
- Novotel Hotel Porto Gaia
- Novotel Porto Gaia Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia