“Deserves another Michelin star”

Gastronomic Restaurant The Yeatman
Reserve with
Gastronomic Restaurant The Yeatman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the classic comfort of The Yeatman restaurant, guests will experience inspired cuisine with the accent on fresh local produce and on the imaginative pairing of food and wine. The pool lounge will provide a relaxed contemporary ambiance in which to enjoy a healthy light meal or gourmet snack while taking in the spectacular panorama of the city. Light dishes and sandwiches are also served in Dick’s Bar with its wide choice of cocktails, wines and Ports.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Waiting for our room to be readied since we arrived early, we wandered into the dining room. Even after sitting in a car for several hours on the drive from Lisbon, we were warmly welcomed. Our meal was delicious with a terrific view of the Duoro River and old town. I could go back tomorrow.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Make sure you have an empty stomach when you head for the Yeatman.... despite chosing the smaller of the 2 tasting menus I was so stuffed (and drunk!) by the time the main course arrived that I had to give half of it to my other half! Such a shame as it was delicious!

We arrived in time to watch the sun set over Porto (fantastic view from the terrace), and indulged in a Port cocktail before dinner. The amuse bouche were absolutely fantastic and then the much anticipated tasting menu began.... superb! One word of warning - the wine flight comes with very generous glass sizes. I had to tactically leave half of each glass to ensure that I didn't find my way in to a Porto gutter later that night. It was a really fab experience, would highly recommend!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A little pricey, but great food and service and a spectacular view across the river of the picture-book city of Porto. Sunday lunch was a relative bargain.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love good food and eating out for our entertainment and The Yeatman’s restaurant delivered the goods on all accounts. From the quick and efficient wait staff to the fantastic treats from the kitchen our meal started our Portuguese vacation off with gusto.

We had the seven course tasting menu with the wine pairings, which I recommend, because trying to order one wine for all the courses was a daunting task to say the least and having a perfect pairing was fantastic. The sommelier was wonderful with his explanations of each grape, vintage and maker, he even wrote them all out for me.

The food was expertly prepared, beautiful to look at and delicious. It is said that you eat with your eyes first and the colours and food styling of each course made you anticipate each sip and bite.

We visited Portugal for two weeks and this evening was my favourite meal of them all. It’s not cheap, but you get what you pay for, so if you like to spend an evening with your spouse eating and talking you’ll enjoy the experience at this restaurant.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Grat food and vast wine selection. A little bit on the expensive side but worth it. Try to get a table by the large glass windows.

1  Thank RichardS853