My wife and I went there for a week-end. The view of Porto is exceptional and every room has a perfect version of it; this is an advantage of being in Vila Nova de Gaia and not Porto itself: you have a picture perfect view of the city. Walking to Porto itself is easy but bring sensible shoes. The rooms are very well appointed and there is plenty of space in the hotel so it never feels crowded (it was 100% occupied during our week-end); but the most important element is the staff! They are extremely helpful, friendly, consistent and efficient. Breakfast is very good and the tasting menu at the originally named restaurant "The Restaurant" is very very good, do not miss it. The Spa is also one not to miss. We had one of these treatments that you remember for a very long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yeatman is a luxury wine Hotel and Spa in Porto, Portugal, set amidst the Port wine lodges in the beautiful historic district of Vila Nova de Gaia. The Yeatman nestles on a hill, with panoramic views overlooking Porto and the River Douro. The Yeatman's 82 spacious bedrooms (4 Master Suites, 8 Suites and 70 bedrooms) all face the view of Porto and the river offering a high level of comfort and a private, spacious terrace. The Michelin star restaurant provides a creative fine dining experience where local ingredients are privileged and presented with contemporary flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Yeatman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yeatman Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- The Yeatman Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia