We really loved this hotel. It is new, but old school. An interesting take on European elegance. A bit stuffy, but I kind of like that sometimes.
I would not eat dinner in the hotel. It was crazy expensive and not that good. The pool is beautiful, overlooking all the port warehouses and old Porto. There is an attendant to bring drinks or snacks. We ordered room service every morning instead of going to the buffet breakfast upstairs. We pulled the table out onto our private patio and enjoyed a quiet private breakfast overlooking the whole city. It was pretty magical.
The room was huge for European standards with a very comfortable bed and a large bathroom. In my opinion the best parts of the hotel are the spa (stunning) and drinks on the patio at sunset. Their bar patio is one of those places you could just stay forever.
The most important thing for urbanites is that this hotel is not really walk-able. The fastest way is to walk down the long cobbles roads to the sky tram that takes you to the top of the bridge, then walk across the bridge and then up another big hill into the main area of town. Not close.
Out front of the hotel is an extremely old olive tree that is worth a visit. A river tour of the bridges is a must to go see some of the ruins up river and big old houses.
Porto is beautiful but very eery. Lively and bustling by the river and up in the city, but then entire sections of town in between seemily deserted. Gorgeous pre-war apartments, boarded up.
Definitely bring comfortable walking shoes as all the streets are cobble and it’s a lot of up and down hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yeatman is a luxury wine Hotel and Spa in Porto, Portugal, set amidst the Port wine lodges in the beautiful historic district of Vila Nova de Gaia. The Yeatman nestles on a hill, with panoramic views overlooking Porto and the River Douro. The Yeatman's 82 spacious bedrooms (4 Master Suites, 8 Suites and 70 bedrooms) all face the view of Porto and the river offering a high level of comfort and a private, spacious terrace. The Michelin star restaurant provides a creative fine dining experience where local ingredients are privileged and presented with contemporary flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yeatman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yeatman Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- The Yeatman Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia