“Had a great dinner, fabulous service. ”
Review of Cozinha da Clara

Cozinha da Clara
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Pinhao
Description: The philosophy of Cozinha da Clara is to serve local Portuguese cuisine at its best – simplicity is the key. We also want to include a touch of the family’s heritage, by adding some of my grandmother, Claire’s favourite recipes. Executive chef, Pedro Cardoso, has worked in the Douro for over 10 years. Using locally sourced products and vegetables from our garden (named “Paradise” by Claire), Pedro has developed many of his recipes from the Tras-os-Montes. Sit outside on the terrace, the restaurant must boast as having one of the best views of the Douro River. A great place to come and taste La Rosa wines and ports.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a really good time. The food was amazing! I had ravioli with spinach and ricotta and the beef steak was incredible.

quintadelarosa, Owner at Cozinha da Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your great review. We are lucky to have Chef Pedro Cardoso and his team mixing tradition with modern.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is by far the Best restaurant we have been to in the Douro Area

Great quality and options on starters, main courses as Well as desserts. The kids really loved their 3 course menu as Well

The wines were Good and especially the White reserve the Best we have Tried so far while here

We have High expectations for the anniversery menu 26th and maybe thst could release the 5th star (i dont like the TripAdvisor rating system as i consider This gourmet experience and my 4 Stars are based on thst standard :-)

Thanks and see you thursday
Thomas

1  Thank henriksen2

I wish you had given us 5 stars!! But am thrilled you thought we had the best restaurant in the Douro. Thank you!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

After a bit of research we found this great little restaurant in Douro. We arrived early enough to get a table outside, although not quite overlooking the Douro. The weather was fantastic so we were onto a good start.
I’ve read negative reviews of the service at this restaurant, so was prepared for the worst, but I had glowing reviews of the food. We couldn’t fault either. The waiting staff were lovely. It’s not silver service, but nor would you want it to be. It just wouldn’t work, but it was still good service.

The food was great, a small menu with a mixture of contemporary and traditional Portuguese dishes. We both opted for the octopus as a main which was slow cooked to perfection.

With their own vineyards, you would hope for some good wines to come out of Quinta de la Rosa, especially given their winemakers track record. Once again, not disappointed, and although you could go silly, you could have a good fine wine at a good price.

The restaurant is not cheap, but for what you get I also don’t think it’s overpriced. Well worth a visit, and probably sensible to book in the busy months.

Thank you for your kind words. We do work hard at trying to get the right balance of food and service for a 'Quinta' restaurant on the vineyard. I am also pleased you appreciated our wine list - we try to have some wines there that arent available elsewhere

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Yummy food. Well presented. Great service. 12 of us arrived and we were well looked after with fabulous starters mains and dessert. A must for everyone to visit.

quintadelarosa, Owner at Cozinha da Clara, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed the meal - Chef Pedro Cardoso and his team does a great job

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Quinta De la Rosa is a beautifully maintained property (and working vineyard) close to Pinhao.

This was our 2nd visit to Clara’s, having eaten there shortly after it opened last year, and we were not disappointed 2nd time around.

The restaurant is very contemporary, with an open kitchen. The terrace of the restaurant is directly on the river Douro, with stunning views.

The service; menu options; wine selections; quality & presentation of every course; setting and ambience are all excellent .
As a vegetarian I was especially delighted to find several options, all of which looked delicious! The views along the Douro valley are exceptional. Very calm, peaceful setting.

The only reason I haven’t given a 5* rating is, as other reviewers have commented, the portion sizes are on the smaller side and - even by contemporary standards - could be more generous. It was actually fine for me, but my husband could have eaten more, especially the sardine appetiser.

However, the quality is 5* and would definitely recommend a visit if in this area.

Don’t forget to buy some wines also. They are all excellent!

quintadelarosa, Owner at Cozinha da Clara, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will ask Chef Pedro to look into portion sizes. Remember in Portugal portions do tend to be quite large so I think ours are pretty normal on an international basis.