All reviews third floor rooms are large the river ocean basics cases
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I've been in AXIS OFIR in Easter Holidays .
The hotel is now refurnished and the rooms are modernized, but in my opinion that I knew the hotel 25 years ago, the service is worst.
In the entrance we arrive with 2 suitecases and no waiter carried them to our room. 4 stars?
Staff in reception is too formal and seems indiferent to guests problems.
The air conditioning in the room was too warm and the solution I heard was ; " the way is to desconnect it":::
The food in restaurant is good in breakfast but in dinner is too "standardized"
The net in reception was very bad and expensive.
In conclusion : Axis Ofir has expirienced much better days.
Remains the very good localization and the facilities offered.

Date of stay: April 2009
1  Thank EUROPEU
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I made my choice, based on the site of the hotel and during two weeks never regret about it.
The place Ofir is a small summer village, quite in October. The hotel is situated not far from the long sand beach. The breakfast is usual continental. Lunch is good with a reasonable price.
There are a lot of opportunity for spending time: SPA saloon, pool, bowling, ping-pong (free of charges).
Our room was of the third second floor the same as dining room. From the coridor we could exit to the hotel yard with swimming pool.
I would reccommended this hotel for the families with small children, matured couples and everybody, who is finding quite and solutude.

Date of stay: October 2008
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I am writing this as I sit in the lounge of the Axis Ofir Beach Resort. Wonderful situation, wonderful staff, reasonable food, good prices - I could go on. Two days ago my wife needed to see an English speaking doctor as a matter of urgency. Within ten minutes he was there, wrote a prescription and even gave me a lift to the pharmacy to have it dispensed. Everyone is happy, coutrteous and helpful. Best to go out of season as I can imagine it being a bit overcrowded in high season, but I´ve nothing but praise.
Dr John Gladstone

Date of stay: June 2008
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Pleasant hotel in a good position, but probably best to go in the summer season. Restaurant OK.

Date of stay: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I've stayed in this hotel last weekend. It was a VERY GOOD choice!!

Positive aspects:
- Right in front of the Ofir beach
- Very peaceful and relaxing area
- Very nice staff, sympathetic and helpful
- Good restaurant, despite having little menu choices
- Wonderful garden with an outside pool, perfect for a relaxing walk or to enjoy the sun and read a book
- Costumers are usually couples, not the noisy ones
- Rooms are regular, big enough for a 4*, all with balcony, that is perfect for those who have sea view. It was fantastic staying there listening the sound of the waves
- Not very expensive the drinks in the bar

Negative aspects:
- I really couldn't find any important negative aspect. I really enjoy my stay, probably the only thing bad I can tell you is that my room smelled a lot of fresh paint, probably it has been recently painted. But that didn’t disturb us at all.

Short notes:
- For those who enjoy nightlife, Ofir has one of the most well-known Disco in Portugal: "Pacha Ofir". Not very far from the hotel.
- Outside the hotel you will have 2 restaurants (one of them also a pizzeria), a 2 coffees/snack-bars
- The costumers of the hotel are usually between the age of the 30-50.
- Porto is more or less 50km from the hotel
- if you can, don't forget to visit the "fort" of Valença do Minho (88 km) from Ofir, it worth’s every km.

Date of stay: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Ricky_Moralez