“Amongst the best of the average”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #90 of 722 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It has been decades since I patronized Ruby Tuesday, but my son chose to go there for a quick salad before heading for our nation’s capitol. When we entered, I looked at the salad bar and there was absolutely no appeal to me (e.g., freshly cut ripe cucumber and tomatoes should have the appearance of juices – these didn’t.) My son ordered ‘turkey minis’ and the salad bar. I ordered the Asiago Peppercorn Sirloin steak with baked potato and sugar snap peas.

We didn’t critique his food, but he ate both of his turkey burgers and little of his salad. My peas were poor, but the baked potato with sour cream and butter (that’s as loaded as it comes) was good. Most surprising was that the asiago sirloin was well seasoned, tender, juicy, medium as ordered … delicious. In addition, our server was efficient, personable, and radiated a positive persona to enhance our dining experience.

Ruby Tuesday seems to strive to be the best of the ‘average’ restaurants; it’s menu tells me that. Its prices makes it very affordable for most. The restaurant at this location is doing a good job in achieving that goal

There are newer reviews for Ruby Tuesday

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Fair was typical for Ruby Tuesday. The food was tasty as usual, service was excellent, but it was a slow night so we had a dedicated waitress. Our only complaint is it was dark. Great setting for candle light, but there weren't any!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I frequent Ruby's every now and then because of their very fresh salad bar. On this particular visit I ordered the Herb crusted Tilapia entree with salad and grilled zucchini. It was delicious...fresh and a lot of flavor. Would order again!!! Service was excellent.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. We had a large group without a reservation and they service was flawless!The food was consistent as RubyTuesday's always is.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The petite steak and shrimp, the soups, the salad bar, the beverages - just what the wife and I are looking for when we want to skip cooking at home and treat ourselves.