“Disappointed- stay away- dine with Caution”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #88 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
New Kent, Virginia
“Disappointed- stay away- dine with Caution”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited this location for lunch 9/26/12.- arrived around 11:45am - location was NOT busy.- honestly I had a meeting at 130 and had some time to kill, so I was not stressed over time.

After being seated and waiting 10 minutes (without being greeted) I went to the bathroom to wash my hands (I was gone for 2 minutes)- when I returned to the table, I found that it had been cleared.

I took my seat again, smiled at servers as they walked by- I was greeted by someone (finally) and she took my drink order- she did inform me that she was not my server.

About 5 minutes later, MY server brings my drink to me, she apologized for my wait. (I appreciated that she noted that).

I placed my order- Chicken BLT.

30 minutes pass, and my server stops at my table to inform me that the Cook had prepared the wrong sandwich- she had made a Buffalo chicken instaead- but was making mine "on the fly" and it should be right out. She refilled my drink and moved on to other guests.

I do need to mention that the restaurant is still NOT busy.- by now it was around 1230.

15 more minutes pass, my food finally arrives. (I thought the Chicken BLT was grilled- it was not... which was my fault for not reading that detail.) My phone rang, and it was a client so I had to take the call - thought I would be on my way by this point.

While on the phone I look at my lunch, the bun actually had buffalo sauce on it, the chicken was WAY over cooked- and fries had been sitting for sometime. I took a bite of the Chicken sandwich, difficult to cut into- and I bit into a piece of fat/gristle- I politely put it into my napkin and pick at my fries.... I am still on the call still when the sever and manager stop by- so I am unable to say anything.

I finish my call and do not eat anymore of my sandwich and I am also not checked on again by either the manager or my server- My plate is still completely full... I pushed the bun to the side since it had the buffalo sauce on it... and I had not had anymore of the chicken and there were still fries on the plate- at this point I was over it. My server comes over and asks if I am finished with my plate -which is still full. I say yes. She returns with my check- nothing had been comp’d - even after everything- I guess that it is normal at this location for people to leave their plates un-touched?

I paid $12 for lunch - and left a cash tip- ($5)

I come from the service industry- worked for a competing chain through college so I "get it" but the over- all experience was so negative that I will never return to a Ruby Tuesday and Highly recommend staying away from this one.

• Visited September 2012

“Got sick....... :(”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

So out of 26 people that ate there on our last night before a big trip 7 got sick. The food tasted great the service was great. Something there is not right in the food prep.

Virginia
“A great place to eat.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have always had a great experience here. Really fresh salad bar. Clean and crisp. Love that i can easily find nutrition information online. Great asiago steak! Very kid friendly.

Brighton, Michigan, United States
“Tasty late night meal”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We arrived at 9:00 p.m. to enjoy a relaxed, late night dinner. The food and service were excellent, even at the late hour. (Crisp salad, tasty baked potatoes, steak and salmon done "just right") I have eaten at many Ruby Tuesday's and this was definitely the best! (Disregard the hunger aspect; everyone's dinner was well presented and raved about by the consumer!)

• Visited August 2012
Coventry, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Creek R/T”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent service and food was above average for a Ruby Tuesday.One of the highlights of our trip

Visited July 2012