“Lunch”

Granby Bistro & Deli
Ranked #113 of 792 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: French
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good sandwiches, ok breakfast. Great Hummus. Service was good. Fun little cafe.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I go to Granby Bistro a lot. This restaurant always has the freshest salads, hummous and baba ghannoush. The service tends to be quirky, but it's worth it to enjoy fresh food with well blended spices and accents. I wish I could put my finger on what makes it so good, but I really can't say what it is. even the sandwiches are something special.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Granby Bistro attracts what looks like the "Who's Who" of downtown Norfolk's movers and shakers on a daily basis. The office workers, political types, and federal, state and local officials come for the fine food, the casual atmosphere, and the reasonable prices. Like the menu, it's an eclectic mix of clientele.

The extra added attraction of the house specials (all authentic Mediterranean dishes) adds a special touch. It doesn't help that the owner is almost always on site, doing whatever is necessary to keep his loyal following loyal. Try any of the daily specials or the Lebanese inspired dishes if you are adventurous. For the tamer tastes, there are ample American deli style choices.

If the weather is nice, why not eat al fresco at the outdoor tables and people watch for lunch.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice warm spring day, so for lunch we picked this place because of the outdoor patio & the 'best of' banner on the window. I ordered a Pinot grigio & my husband asked what beers they had. She named 4 basics so my husband ordered the Sam Adams. When she returned, she said they were out of s.a., so he asked if they had any imported beer at all. She said she couldn't pronounce the import that they had - he said to bring that one. It was a Newcastle. My wine was room temperature - I told her I thought someone had probably just stocked that bottle. She said no - that they don't chill any of their wines. As I was trying to decide what else to order, she did mention that they kept a Chardonnay on ice. Food was ok, but nothing special. A good bit of trash blowing around the patio. Overall a frustrating lunch.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

First, the name of this place is Granby Bistro. It's apparently Lebanese-owned, and it has some Lebanese dishes. But don't expect too much. I asked for a tawooq sandwich and the server had no clue what I was talking about. There were two older gentlemen playing a board game and speaking Arabic in the corner, and I was tempted to go ask them if there was a way to get real shish tawooq here or not, but it wasn't worth it. I ordered the salmon and rice. The food was a bit bland (I suspect it had been prepared long ago and was microwaved), but it wasn't bad. I wouldn't go again, though. Lebanese cuisine is far too good for this place, but if you're looking for something inexpensive, informal and easy, you'll be happy here. And the location is very central. My biggest complaint: I ordered tea, and it came lukewarm with only a Lipton tea bag. Yikes.