“IT WAS WONERFUL”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
VIRGINIA
“IT WAS WONERFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

I just returned from Springhill Marriott this past Friday. Upon check in they advised me that the room I had booked was not available, and that the A/C was broken. But, they put me in another room for the night and gave me a great discount for my troubles. Also there was a kid’s basketball tournament going on. When I checked in there was a large group of children in the lobby and also outside. So, I started thinking that their noise was going to be a problem but, they were very respectful of other people and they were never noisy even when staying up late at night. The next day as soon as the room I booked was available they contacted me and moved me right away, no hassle. The staff was lovely, for I smoke so every time I came down stairs to smoke they always asked how my stay was going. they were very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The room was very clean and the furniture was beautiful. In the king master suite the full size fridge came in very handy. I ordered room service one night while staying there and they took a very long time to get up to my room which was slightly frustrating

Overall, I will say I had a wonderful stay and could say anything really negative to say about this hotel, other than the restaurant taking their sweet time on getting my food to me.

• Liked — THE STAFF
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2008

Nice new hotel. Staff was pleasant. Maintenance staff was excellent. Complimentary breakfast was quite adequate. As it is a new property (<2 months old) a few issues existed such as one elevator out of service for a night and the pool out of commission for 2-3 days, but the staff worked quickly to repair the issues. Very clean and nicely decorated. Comfortable beds. Flat panel TVs in the rooms. Complimentary parking is great, especially as hotels in nearby downtown Norfolk charge $15.00 plus per night. New restaurants near hotel and ODU just 1 block away.

Stayed March 2008
Travelers also viewed these Norfolk hotels
SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach
Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University

Property: SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University
Address: 4500 Hampton Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23508
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University 3*
SpringHill Suites at Old Dominion University. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University Hotel Norfolk