“One of the best seafood restaurants in Norfolk”
Review of A.W. Shuck's

A.W. Shuck's
Ranked #8 of 721 Restaurants in Norfolk
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent, fresh, well-prepared seafood. Some of the best oysters and scallops I've ever eaten. Very varied menu , all fresh and delicious. Service is perfect. Only downside is waiting in line. You can't do better than this in Norfolk.

2  Thank dogwalkerNorfolk
There are newer reviews for A.W. Shuck's

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The decor and the atmosphere makes you think you're somewhere by the sea, and the food does not disappoint. Reasonable bar and wine selection complements an extensive seafood menu, with fresh shucked oysters of various origins available most nights. Can get a little noisy on the weekends, but there's covered outdoor seating in front that can be enclosed in winter months. Great pricing tops off a fine establisment.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm in Norfolk fairly frequently, and this is my favorite place to eat! There's a fantastic beer list, a great selection of raw oysters, and lots of fresh yummy seafood to choose from. I love their crabcakes best, but I also love ordering fresh fish specials-- I've never had one that wasn't fabulous. The staff and customers are super friendly too. I recommend sitting at the bar-- you might well make a new friend.

1  Thank fenchurch128
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Overall good food. Relaxing and casual atmosphere. The seafood is good. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait (we waited 30 minutes for a table for three). Most of the food is reasonably priced and so are the drinks. I like AW Schucks. I've been there many times, and will continue to eat there in the future.

Side note: I think they only accept reservations for groups of five or more.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We came to this restaurant solely on TA reviews. The place is hard to find but we made it. When we entered we were told no tables were ready, however we saw atleast 4 empty. Guess they didn't have enough wait staff. A 30mn wait was Just over 15mns. Jackie, our server. Was friendly, prompt and spot on what a waitress should be. We ordered the wings and crab dip as apps, both excellent. The wings were huge! Our entrees were the bounty platter, fish and chip and shrimp platter. I think the shrimp was by far, the best I've had. Tue tarter sauce? Not sure what they used but i liked it, very different and slightly liquidy. Strong Cosmo and long isl ice tea. We sat in the "outside" area, perfect as the weather was just chilly. Def will return when we visit our son again who is stationed in the Navy.

Been to A.W. Shuck's? Share your experiences!