“Excellent!”

Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 722 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Granby Street
Description: Located in a historic 1906 building in the heart of Downtown Norfolk, Byrd & Baldwin Brothers is proud to serve the finest steaks in our area. Our traditional, yet creative menu includes first quality steaks,chops,seafood & poultry, served by our experienced and dedicated wait staff. Our in house Sommelier's will be pleased to assist you in choosing the perfect wine from our extensive list of over 300 labels to accompany your meal. With over a 98 per cent approval rating on all comment cards, we continue to strive for perfection, and we would be honored with the opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had my husband's birthday dinner here. Service was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious. Definitely worth the money.

There are newer reviews for Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Recently I had the pleasure of enjoying a few days with my mom and we decided to go to dinner. It was late, 9:10 pm on a Tuesday. Deciding we were in the mood for steak, we chose B.B.B rest. We asked the valet how late they served and he replied 10:00 pm. GREAT! Let's go in. A beautiful dining room with dark wood and perfect lighting, a good first impression, but wait... We were surprised to see a large group of people mingling around which is a good thing this time of year, and out of nowhere we were REPRIMANDED by the hostess, an attractive, older woman who warned us that the restaurant closed in 45 minutes, and that we could sit in the bar dining room. We knew pretty much what we wanted so no worries. We went to the bar and there were tables there, partially set but it was late so we understood. When we grabbed a table the
"Castro era"dictator hostess told us we were supposed to sit AT the bar not IN the bar. We felt VERY awkward but then our savior, an extremely talented, courteous and knowledgable server, Emanuel stepped in. THANK GOODNESS. He guided us through an incredible meal explaining the wet aging process used to add the perfect flavor and texture to their steaks. The oysters rockafeller, fabulous. The escargot, divine. I had a ribeye cooked perfectly and mom had the classic wedge salad. From the moment the angry hostess was gone everything was perfect. Highly recommended over ANY other steak house around. I am able to give five stars based on food and waiter being SO good that I could overlook the golden girl with an attitude....

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Overpriced 4 shrimp in the shrimp cocktail for $14.00. Food was good but this is not a 5 star or even 4 star place that it is pretending to be. Like Ruth Chris everything is priced separately, from sides to sauces. Srevice, if you can call it that, when paying top dollar in most fine dining establishments and the servers are trained professionals. The service was RUSHED, we asked for time to look at the menu and wine list, while obviously still reading he kept coming over and asking if we were ready! the waiter hovered ready to snatch our plates if we so much as paused! The food did not arrive together. my boyfriends food came out before mine so he had to wait his food getting cold till mine arrived. Then when I was finished he tried to take my plate while my boyfriend was still eating! Served our dessert but did not ask if we wanted anything else, we wanted coffee but didn't bother asking as we were so frustrated! Gave us the check but told us "no rush", what a joke!

2  Thank MoneyHoney568
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

I want to apologize for our server for rushing your dinner. This appears to have happened around Valentine's Day .We are sorry for ruining your special day.
Our shrimp are the largest we can get and they are very expensive. I'm sure you are aware of the shrimp shortage which is driving prices thru the roof worldwide.
If you give us another chance , I'm confident your experience will be different . Please ask for Ron if the situation arises.
Thanks for your review !

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had dinner last night in the downstairs bar, and it was fantastic. Starting off with a dozen oysters, and a lettuce wedge, then to the lamb, chicken and tuna. Great meal. Great service, atmosphere (not as stuffy as upstairs) and we will be back, in our dinner rotation.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We always have a great experience at B&B. I'll do you a favor and decide on your meal for you- get the Airline chicken breast!!! Its aaamazing- trust me. Served over risotto with mushrooms, BIG hunks of crab, and so many other amazing flavors. You're welcome!