“Really don't care about their customers!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Clinton, Ohio
“Really don't care about their customers!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel on July 4th. Then after reading all the nasty reviews of this hotel I cancelled the reservation. Mind you I cancelled it within an hour of making it. Five days later I had a nights stay taken out of my bank account. I contacted the main hotel guest sight and explained why I cancelled it plus I also commented on the nastieness of their hotels. Even about the one we stayed at in Williamsburg Va. Her comment was you read the cancellation policy and you cancelled after the 2 day cancellaton policy. I will forward to the hotel to see if they will do the no show policy. Obviously if you don't show the you are charged less than if you cancel your reservation. Never once did she appologize for their nasty hotels. Or did she say she was sorry. And I have never gotten a response for the hotel manager. My advice stay away from Americas Best Value Inn. They don't care about their customers at all. Nor do they care about the upkeep of their hotels. Cheap yea but totally nasty.

Room Tip: Just stay away!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1850ELC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Digidashi2000,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to cancel your reservations within the 48 hour policy timeframe. We do take your concerns seriously. We take great pride in our facilities and do our best to maintain them. We regret that we were not given an opportunity to let you experience this for yourself. Had you expressed your concerns with us, we would have gladly addressed those to ensure a memorable experience.

Angela Kapoor
Americas Best Value Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ny
Reviewed July 1, 2012

this motel is horrible.......this is like worst motel i ever seen in my life. they charge extra for wi-fi and front desk clark is so rude never ever stay in this motel even though i have to pay more.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Denna M,

I am concerned about the WIFI issues you encountered during your stay. We do provide free WIFI service for our guests. There is no charge to use this service. Are you sure that you have the right location as we have several Americas Best Value Inns in the area? Please let us know so that we can address the issue.

Angela-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk, VA
Ferndale
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This place is a dump and obviously a flop house! Got out of there as fast as we could and was charged a 20% penalty for checking out early!!! Was told when we checked in there was no penalty for early check out! Nasty - didn't notice that their vending machine sold condoms until the next morning - what the heck is that! Bad neighborhood also - drunks and less than desirable people walking around the place at all hours of the night! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Norfolk, VA
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This motel featured the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on, among other problems. The mattress was so bad that I wound up taking two triple doses of pain medication just to get a couple hours sleep. The towels and linens were old and threadbare. Despite being advertised, there was no free wifi at this motel. The walls were thin, with noise from other guests coming in one wall and noise from the neighboring trailer park coming in the other wall. The continental breakfast was sparse, as was the space where it was served. There was a smattering of positive notes. Everything was clean, and the staff was polite. But there was too much wrong with this motel to ever consider it again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear MikeBHR,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience. We have upgraded our WIFI service in order to better serve our guests. We do maintain our mattresses on a regular basis. We regret that we were not able to meet your needs.

Angela-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk, VA
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This hotel was utterly disgusting - yeah that's the nicest way to put it. One of the main reasons for staying at this hotel and not the others closer to the beach was the price and the option to have a jacuzzi in the room. Too many problems to name but I'll start a list.

1. At check-in the employee lounge door was open and it was filthy. The entire lobby was disgusting.

2. You had to ask for an (mini) ironing board and iron.

3. You had to pay for ice from the rusty ice machine.

4. The room reeked of smoke and nastiness. Luckily I had some air freshener and febreze in my car.

5. The interior and exterior paint was chipped.

6. The walkways and stairways were gross.

7. We paid more than other guests for the jacuzzi suite and the hotel trash can was right next to our door.

8. On numerous sites it says that this hotel has a view of the ocean when it's 20 minutes from the beach.

9. The pool was dirty and unusable.

10. The bedding was itchy.

A truck revving up its engine woke us up around 7 am. Ridiculous.

While checking out from our one-night stay, a large family was furious about the condition of the hotel and could not get a refund. They were told by management that the hotel was steps away from the beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tataylo2
richmond, va
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Where do I start? It should have been a sign when they gave me my remote control to the television at the desk and also people asking for their money back once the checked in. Being that it was late we decided to stay since we only needed the room for a couple of hours. Trust me when I say I won't be going back and have put them on my "No Return" list. For the amount of money you spend you can add a couple of more dollars for a better hotel. This motel needs major upgrades!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1850ELC, Public Relations & Reservation Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2009
So sorry you were not satisfied but....the tv remotes are kept at the front desk for your convienence. When you are tired and it's late, who wants to spend time searching in an unfamiliar environment trying to find the remote. Most of our guests agree that it's wonderful to have it in hand when entering the room.
Yes you do have the occasional person who requests a refund, after they've been in the room long enough to take a shower,etc....without any problems. This is not acceptable at any motel I know of.

This is an older property, but it has a nostalgic advantage that others do not, you can park right in front of your room, and walk only about 10 ft to your door, this can be an advantage.

No, we are not a 4 star hotel, but the prices are not reflective of such. Instead we are quite economical,and you get a no frills, modern, clean room to stay in. All that need be done is ask, and we will do our very best to accomodate your requests.
We hope you will consider a second stay for us to attempt to correct your unpleasant mindset of us.
Bethesda
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I arrived in town to visit family without a reservation and I looked at a few motels as I drove from the interstate, some of them were expensive. I came across this one close to where I needed to be. The motel wasalso close to shops and restaurants, only three minutes from the Norfolk International Airport. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very reasonably priced, next time I will make a reservation because I will be back, I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple