Page House Inn
$119
$143
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewschrysler museumthird floorgreat hostssitting rooma wonderful stayhome away from homebed was very comfortablebathedebbiesherrysuiteskylightdormervirginia
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Location is wonderful, as is exterior. We booked the Bathe Suite. When we arrived, our code had not been programmed, so we could not get in. Then, our room was not ready. Finally, the jacuzzi was not hot and never warmed up. Staff at the Inn seemed unconcerned about this, as was management. No apologies or compensation were offered, which was disappointing because the jacuzzi is the main draw of the Bathe suite - and the Bathe suite is their most expensive room. We'll go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FreqTrav73
Reviewed November 5, 2006

Page House is in a lovely location, close to the Chrysler Muesum and surrounded by charming houses. We stayed in Missy Hulda's room which was quite spacious and pleasantly decorated. Page House itself was lovely. The bed was not the most comfortable I have slept in. It was what I think they refer to as a 'Euro Kiing', two single beds pushed together. The shower over the bath was very low and I had to duck under it to wet my hair (I am 164cm). Breakfast was only served for an hour, 8:30am to 9:30am.

Not a bad place to stay at all but if I returned to Norfolk I would be curious to see what else is out there.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank flyingfox
Reviewed April 8, 2006

I had booked the Page House Inn several weeks in advance without reading any reviews. As the trip date approached I came to TripAdvisor to check some reviews and grew worried when I saw some negative posts. All our worries dissappeared as the inn keeper showed us to our suite. The two main complaints from previous reviews were inadequate room temperature and unprofessional service. Both of these complaints were completely absent during our stay. The place was very clean and had very nice ammenities. The weather was slightly chilly outside, but the room temperature was perfect. They did have a space heater in the portion of the bathroom that had the hot tub but we never needed to use it. (the hot tub was plenty warm enough!) The breakfast in the morning was tasty but not the best I've ever had. Based on our stay I would say the inn keepers probably check these reviews and correct whatever complaints they read. Overall we loved this place and will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank RobR66
Reviewed February 21, 2006

When we arrived the inn keepers were smoking outside the back door and invited us through the back of the inn walking through the dirty kitchen.
They were friendly, but unprofessional. The inn was cold. The inn keepers were loud through the night as we tried to fall asleep. Guests were not the priority, their friends and loud music along with the door banging all night as they went outside to smoke was the icing on the cake...I was embarrassed by my choice of B&B with the friends we had brought. The inn was beautiful, the location was faulous, but the attention of the inn keepers was not on the comfort of their guests. ( I also felt bad for Stormy the little dog)

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank Lisa M
A TripAdvisor Member
Elizabeth CIty, NC
Reviewed February 16, 2006

Advertised as a AAA 4 diamond; obviously AAA never visited in winter! The place is nice, but serious drawbacks like amenities you must pay for which one normally expects to be included when paying almost $200 per night. I am not talking about chocolates on the pillow or anything like that...just heat; heat in February. The place is freezing, at least it was on 2/14/06. To use the gas fireplace there is no switch. They have to be manually fired up by the innkeeper who is unavailable after 8pm save emergencies. Came back from dinner after 8 and froze the rest of the time. Furthermore..what little hot water there was, immediately was cooled by the lovely, but frozen, claw footed tub. Thermostats are secured while the older windows just let the cold air come right on in. The place is very nice, well-decorated, and breakfast was excellent. The beds were very comfortable...but bring an electric blanket and a space heater for the bathroom. Because even if you get the fireplace lit, the bathtub won't be affected by it.

• Stayed: February 2006