“1st and LAST time ever going here”
Review of Norfolk Tap Room

Norfolk Tap Room
Ranked #65 of 793 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Craft beers, gourmet burgers, local seafood and live entertainment in a classic downtown Norfolk setting.....
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went here for my birthday and was EXTREMELY disappointed with almost EVERYTHING except for our appetizer. When I first came in I asked for change for a dollar to put in the meter. The host who was rude as hell said we don't give change for the meters. The server was much nicer (thank goodness for that) we skipped the alcoholic drinks cause we were told the bartendar was not there and our drink would be made by our server and she was not too comfortable making drinks...huh...umm ok. My husbands appetizer was amazing..he had the crab mac and cheese...too die for!!! I had the crab bisque and it was salty as hell so I just helped him eat his food. our dinner entrees were just mediocre cause the risotto was sooo undercooked. my husband ate his but I couldn't even stomach the hard little pieces of rice. I did get offered a free dessert which was very nice of them overall this was not a good dinner date with my husband especially for what they were charging. Def not the fine dining experience we were looking for.. our server was very nice and very apologetic so we may go back for the crab mac and cheese but thats all.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was really nice and the staff were good too. I was part of a large party in a private room which challenged them a little getting the right plate to the right person. To be fair they did manage it pretty well with only a few minor hicups. To get to the restrooms though, I'm told, you had to go back downstairs, out into the street and get in an elevator up two floors which i thought was odd.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had our Christmas party at Trilogy. We had the private room for a party of 25. We had 2 servers as we arrived but ended up with one most of the night. As a result, service was horrible. Everything took forever- drinks, appetizers, entrees and even our bills. The whole ordeal lasted for four hours. WHY? The food was OK- nothing to write home about. A lot of orders were missed. Our server was frazzled, sloppy and condescending when questioned about an order. Very unprofessional as he yelled out orders like we were in an auction. I ordered the same drink three times and one was a different color from the other. Definitely not a "fine dining" experience. We are not coming back!

2  Thank Jesse B
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went for a business dinner for 10 of us and had a great experience all-round. I was very disappointed that none of the dishes featuring risotto were available (I really wanted to try the seafood risotto!), but the remaining choices proved excellent, I had the crab-stuffed Bassa and She Crab Bisque (which was a little salty for my taste), several of my compatriots had the blackened prime rib, which looked like a steak (they liked it very much). One friend and I both ordered the homemade key lime pie and oh-my-my, it was outstanding. Don't miss it. Wonderful, attentive, friendly service from the staff. Will definitely return next time I'm in Norfolk.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

In old bank building. Open only for dinner. Bassa stuffed with crabmeat melts in your mouth. Great rack of lamb. Be sure to say hi to Chef Kenny. He gave us a little tour of the kitchen, including the old safes which are now used as storage. I would call this a not miss place to eat in the area.

Been to Norfolk Tap Room? Share your experiences!