“Awesome Food and Service”
Review of 456 Fish

456 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood, steaks, chicken and pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Awesome Food and Service”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I celebrated his birthday here prior to going to a concert at Chrysler Hall. The food and service was excellent! To make it special, they gave us special menus with "happy birthday" on it and the staff signed it. This wasn't our first time eating here and it will definitely not be the last.

• Visited July 2014
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Superwoman Thanks so much for your fantastic review . I will definitely pass your comments on to our staff.

Dont forget to try our nightly specials during the week.

Sunday Night Surf & Turf 24.99

Thanks Again . You will always be super to us.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Awesome brunch and dinner!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This brunch has to be one of the best in downtown Norfolk. The chef's specials are always good and offer a great variety. There are wonderful healthy options and the service is top knotch. Thank you for providing Open Table to book reservations- it's an added bonus!

Visited July 2014
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for your awesome review. I will pass your comments on to our staff at our weekly meeting..
if you get an opportunity , you should try our Sunday Night Special " Surf & Turf "

Thanks Again
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great for Dessert and Coffee”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stopped in after a disappointing meal nearby wanting dessert and coffee. We had never been here but were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere. The desserts were great, the after dinner coffee was good and service was very good. They have a good cocktail and wine menu as well. Definitely going back for dinner some time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gabeha
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Sorry to hear another restaurant disappointed you , but am very glad you tried us. We would love for you to try dinner one night . We offer some great specials. Sundays Surf & Turf 24.99 is my favorite. Thanks Again.
“Perfect Evening”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been to 456 Fish on multiple occasions over the past few years and have always had a great experience, and this last visit was nothing less.
The valet was very professional and courteous, opening and holding the door for my wife, a good way to start. The hostess was smiling and pleasant, seating us promptly at a table up front by the window. We actually got a server we'd had before. It'd been a few months since our last visit but she actually remembered us like it was yesterday, which made us feel right at home. Our service was prompt with just the right amount of attention.
The food was amazing. We shared a bowl of the She Crab Bisque to start, and one thing is for sure: there was no shortage of crab meat. For entrees my wife had the Soft Shell Crab dinner special(2 crabs perfectly pan fried) while I had their Lobster Special (whole lobsters for $24.99 every Monday night), everything was cooked perfectly. For dessert we shared
a Coca-Cola Cake (I'll admit I was
intrigued) and it was fantastic.
The manager stopped by to say hello and see how everything was (more and more places don't do that anymore) and at the end our car was ready and waiting as we walked out the door.
A perfect experience from beginning to end, we will be back!

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thanks so much for your fantastic review .Our She Crab Soup is also my favorite. I will pass your comments on to our entire staff at our weekly meeting. On your next visit , please ask for Ron, I would like to say hello.
Thanks Again.

Try our Prime Rib Special on Wednwesday .
Cleveland
“Uneven food prep; expensive; elegant”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We wanted to love this place and thought we would after the appetizers -- the she crab soup was the best ever and the crab cake was lovely. However, the main courses did not live up to the same standard. Whole lobster special (we thought this would be a bargain at $24) seemed as though lobster had been cooked earlier -- how else to explain dried out parts? Same with mahi mahi - also dry.

Stick with the appetizers!

Server was friendly but a bit slow.

• Visited June 2014
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our she crab soup. I also think it is the best around. We use colossal crabmeat, unheard of in our industry.
Our special the night you visited was a pound & a half whole lobster with mashed potato's and broccoli. At 24.00 this is a tremendous special , since the lobster alone is 12.75 our cost. Of course , if you dont like it ,price is not important. I dont know how to explain the dried out parts , but there would be no reason to cook earlier. We sold 17 the night of your vist with good reviews from everyone else.
In any case, I apologize for your experience. I wish you would have asked for a manager, I'm confident they would have done the right thing.

Been to 456 Fish? Share your experiences!