“Terrific service, okay fish”
Review of 456 Fish

456 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 792 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood, steaks, chicken and pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I will admit I had high expectations on this Sunday evening and wedding anniversary. THE #1 sin for seafood is overcooking it. Skill, attention and touch is required. My grouper fillet was somewhat overdone in the meaty part. Presentation, seasoning, and accompaniments were very good. The two soups were exceptional for blending flavors as well as the distinct flavor of each major ingredient. Dessert was good but not memorable. Also on the plus side, the service was personable and smooth in a nicely restored historic building with a few modern touches and easy parking.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I met another couple for a business/social dinner the other evening. The restaurant staff went out of their way to be accomodating to all of our requests, including putting us in a private room and silencing the background music to accommodate one who was hard of hearing. Great food and outstanding service. Well worth a visit and many return visits as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the best restaurants that I have visited recently. Advised by a local friend that it would be very good and it was EXCELLENT! Very creative starter and chef's special seafood pasta main course was really excellent.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The atmosphere and service of the staff was outstanding. Everyone was very attentive to our needs of restaurant seat selection. We were first seated near the bar and asked to be moved. It was no problem at all for a new seat selection. As for the food, it was outstanding. We had the jumbo shrimp for an appetizer and it was cooked to perfection. Very light and tasty indeed. Our salad selection the zesty feta cheese. It was very difficult but prepared very decorative and very good. My entrée was the colossal crab jumbo stuffed flounder. I've had nothing like that before. The serving size was huge and crab was real with not much breading or stuffing. The huge flounder had mostly crab in it. Superb by far than any other crab or flounder that I've tasted in my life. This is a much eats restaurant

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Staff are on the ball and very friendly, and the place has a really nice atmosphere.

The evening I had dinner, I'd have to say the food was about average: the sauces seemed a tad heavy for seafood.

1  Thank Robert G