“Valentines Day Dining”
Review of 456 Fish

456 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood, steaks, chicken and pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Virginia Beach
“Valentines Day Dining”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to 456 Fish for Valentines Day. Special days like Valentines Day are often difficult for restaurants. They did wonderful.. The potato chip crab cake appetizer is not to be missed. The chef is creative, but accommodating. We liked the Caribbean flair to the food-- plantains and coconut. (Be sure to try the coconut rissoto, you will not believe it.) I asked for collards instead of spinach, and it was not a problem. Many of the dishes were described as "garlic", but none had excessive garlic. The service was excellent, and we could not have enjoyed it more.

• Visited February 2013

“poor service, moderate food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was disappointing. Our server was terrible and the food was just ok. The she crab soup was reallllllly greasy (a film of butter floating on the top) and the rest of it was just alright. Definitely not worth the price.

Visited August 2012
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“Delicious Food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

While in Norfolk my husband and I asked a few people for some good restaurant recommendations and despite all of the various suggestions, 456 Fish was a common factor. We got there at 5 when they opened because we had read and heard that you should get there early for a table. Apparently, they had just come out of restaurant week so it was a slow week but I was ok with that! We got phenomenal service! Steve was our server and he was great! My husband and I started out with the Sesame Seed Tuna Sashimi and the crab cake and, oh my goodness, they were both amazing! I am not a huge crab person but the Potato Chip Crusted Crab Cake was the best I have ever had. For my entree I got the Blackened Tuna and it, again, was to die for. My husband got the filet mignon and it was so tender and just perfect. I as able to cut it with a butter knife, no lie. As much as we wanted to try the Guava Cheesecake, we were both so stuffed that there was no way. Next time, however!!

Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
“Great tuna at 456 fish”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Went before seeing a show at Chrysler Hall and forgot it was restaurant week. All tables were booked with reservations which says a lot since it was a Sunday. We were able to sit at the bar and I ordered the tuna and my wife ordered the crab cakes. Tuna was a perfect medium and my wife said her crab cakes were perfect no filler at all just breading on the outside to hold the crab together. Had the cheesecake for dessert and it was awesome. I will be returning here to sample even more of their seafood offerings. Top notch!

Chesapeake
“above average food + decent service = I'd go back, but not a regular”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time visit during Norfolk Restaurant week. Good variety of food selections. Fried shrimp were delicious. Sides were unremarkable... a huge head of steamed broccoli (not very special). The Grouper/plantain/spinach entree sounded great, and each element tasted great. But the combination was only so-so and did not excite me to try other combination menu items.

The service was very decent, not exceptional. Our table was near the door during a very cold week (all they had for a reservation) and we were chilled most of the meal. The atmosphere is attempted cozy, but didn't quite make it all the way for me due to the large open spaces and easy drafts.

Seared/crusted tuna sashimi appetizer was fabulous and cooked perfectly. The cheesecake w/ Guava was a great combination.

All in all, not bad but I was hoping for much more.

• Visited January 2013

Been to 456 Fish? Share your experiences!